1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Weed, Pot, Marijuana.....Legalize it or not?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Daniel, Jun 3, 2005.

?

Legalize it?

Poll closed Jun 10, 2005.
  1. I'd have it no other way!

24 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Damn burnouts!

20 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    I aint scared. I'm there doing my job.

noppid, Jun 3, 2005 IP
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Boy, I am pleasently surprised at the positive and constructive responses I received from my post. Usually if I say anything I just get hammered. I personally never smoked it and don't want to but I did drink a bit when I was 17 and 18 and I am glad it no longer has any power over me.

Rob, (I think it was rob) the study that you posted, you need to understand that if a promoter of a product does the study it is essentially useless. That is just like a marketing company saying the study they did on their product holds much value. You need to back that study up with 1 or 2 3rd party study to give it ligitimacy.

Great thread people, even though I would prefer no one every smoked it, you all have been putting in valid points and have made the thread interesting without anyone being attacked. (I suppose I should see if I have any rep left now. LOL)

debunked, Jun 3, 2005 IP
  3. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

Of course it's parents fault! That doesn't mean it's not a problem though.

But I don't see weed being legalized any time soon.

Someone sent this to me last night...look at this BULLSCHMIDT!

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h109-1528

http://action.downsizedc.org/background.php?cid=28

debunked, I think your referring to what Young Coder posted?

Crazy_Rob, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  4. rhinoplayer

rhinoplayer Peon

Best Answers:
    Legalize it - I want my taxes reduced by all that tax revenue the govt would waste!

rhinoplayer, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  5. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    No, I am saying the it doesn't matter legal or illegal the same people will have problems with substances.

So its stupid to lock up or arrest non-addictive people when they smoke, snort or whatever once in awhile.

Its stupid to create such a profitable black market, and spend millions locking up citizens becasue they are addicts.

Honestly screw the children, people act like kids are more important then people. Adults shouldn't be limited in their freedoms because parents are too lazy to raise and supervise their kids.

ferret77, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  6. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    YEAH!

fuck da kids, fuck da kids, fuck da kids, fuck yeah, yeah. fuck da kids, fuck da kids, fuck da kids, fuck yeah, yeah. fuck da kids, fuck da kids, fuck da kids, fuck yeah, yeah. fuck da kids, fuck da kids, fuck da kids. fuck the kids! fuck the kids! fuck the kids!

7. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ok...break it up...the police have found your hideout !!
    [​IMG]

Solicitors Mortgages, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  8. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    If you believe smoking weed isn't carcinogenic or doesn't damage the lungs in other ways, some more serious than tobacco smoke, you're dreaming... or you've been smoking way too much of it.

What about the fact that regular to heavy use suppresses testosterone production? Keep it up and in about 5 more years you'll have man-boobs and testicles like raisins... :eek: :eek: :eek:

minstrel, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  9. noppid

Best Answers:

You are missing the point. If my kids saw you smoking pot or dead in an ally from shooting up, I would not worry one bit. The goverment hype that says this will make them a junkie too is just pure bullshit. I know that my kids would feel sad for the person and move on securely that I told them the truth.

Anyone who says that such events will impact their kids negetively is a lousy parent that can't do their job.

This is NOT about kids, this is the fear of parents that can't or won't parent and their fear of the unknown tring to make their lack of action raising their kids your and my problem.

Some war on drugs we have. When the Mayor of Washington DC was found to be a crack head, no laws were changed to prevent him havin an office again and he was re-elected. Some war on drugs. HUH?

Don't believe the hype.

noppid, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  10. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Why is this post directed at me?

I'm pretty much with you on this, man.

My post was lyrics from a song.

11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I think this is likely the best compromise.

Pot is NOT without dangers. Then again, neither is alcohol.

Decriminalization doesn't mean legalization but it can mean control and quality control -- one of the problems with the current situation is that there is no control over what is sold as weed and what contaminants have been added to it (I'm assuming most teens at least don't have the option of growing their own).

I do think if you are going to make the decision to smoke (or to drink, for that matter) it should at least be an INFORMED decision -- don't kid yourself into thinking it's "natural" (so is opium, so is poison ivy, so are several poisonous plants, so are a lot of things that aren't very good for you) or "safe".

I also do think there is something wrong with a society where teens cannot obtain cigarettes or alcohol until age 19 (the law in Ontario) but they can buy pot in almost any school yard at recess from about grade 5 or 6 on...

Apart from the obvious risks to lungs and circulatory system (shared with tobacco), in the case of pot you also need to worry about alterations in neurotransmitters and hormones.

minstrel, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  12. noppid

Best Answers:
    Right over my head! I thought you were taking the opposite stance. :eek:

But I'm not addressing you per se. I'm addressing those that claim to want things illegal to "protect" the kids. That is already their job, if they need a law to do it, they have already failed.

M:
    Regarding hormones, that's pure bullshit and you should know it. Feed your daughter meat and then when she's 9 with tits talk to me. I can dig out old year books that it would be almost inpossible to find a normal girl with tits.

These days you can see tits on an anorexic 75 LB 8 year old female and it was not pot they got the extra hormones from my friend. :/

The goverment, now pronounced "corporations", make the rules and the lies. Time to stop reading the content and start reading between the lines. Goverment and the corps do not tell the truth, that is a fact in life.

Their truth is to support profit margins, not safety. Don't be fooled!

noppid, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  13. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Ministral,

I don't think anyone is saying drugs are healthy or harmless, but its supposed to be free country.

We have like the highest incarerated rate in the world

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200504/s1352643.htm

Do you see the irony there, free country?, we love freedom?

But we lock up more citizens then anyone else in the world.

ferret77, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  14. minstrel

Best Answers:
    I'm afraid it isn't nonsense, noppid.

But:

1. I didn't say it pot was injecting extra hormones into the system -- I said it can suppress hormone production, specifically testosterone production in males -- reduce testosterone levels sufficiently and you will see so-called male "feminization", as the levels of estrogens rise relative to the levels of androgens in the body.

2. I wasn't talking about daughters specifically, nor am I suggesting that pot is the only source of toxins in this world -- far from it.

I'm not arguing for an agressive crimininalization policy regarding pot. I'm arguing for INFORMED DECISION-MAKING, and that requires REAL and ACCURATE information, not propoganda on one side or the other.

minstrel, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  15. noppid

Best Answers:
    Yep, get busted with pot and got to jail.

Wal-Mart comes to town and puts 20 small businesses out of businesses and gets a goverment tax incentive in the form of cash to do it.

If you can't see the irony of that, it's gonna get worse. The attacks on society by coporations are masked by telling you that someone else is having more fun then you.

If someone took the time to realize the corps and goverment are the one's having more fun then you and using your tax dollars to do it, maybe it would hit home?

But it won't! Americans want to party, not work and even with free tax dollars , building a business looks like work, not fun.

They got you right where they want you!

noppid, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  16. minstrel

Best Answers:
    You've misread me, ferret. I am not proposing jailing people for smoking pot any more than jailing people for smoking cigarettes or drinking beer.

minstrel, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  17. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    Relax ministral

I was just taking some facts for the lock up the darkies crowd.

ferret77, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  18. noppid

Best Answers:

They won't disclose what's in food at the live animal level or disclose ALL the side affects or chemicals of a drug that is new.

But yet, pot should be illegal bacause they know and disclose everything about it?

Can't you see, the same people that won't do full disclosure on their own products, fabricate a whole story about pot and it's chemical compound?

If they can do it for pot, they should do it for food and drugs. PERIOD

But that won't happen, playing the game on both sides with disclosure would put them out of business.

Don't ever expect full disclosure on something the corps can profit on, the truth would put them out of business.

But do realize the load of bullshit they are giving you when they can do full disclosure on something that is taking money out of their pockets and they want you to stay away from it.

Wake up world!

noppid, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  19. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Fine with me... but those comments were addressed to ma and I'd rather you didn't misquote me or imply that your comments are in response to something I purportedly said but in reality didn't say at all.

minstrel, Jun 4, 2005 IP
  20. Daniel

Daniel Peon

Best Answers:
    Stearoids in the meat man!!!!!

I think pot is way less harmful than alcohol or cigarettes !!!

Pot doesnt turn your world into a spinning mess like alcohol does !

Alcohol should be the illegal substance if you ask me.

Then again I dont drink lol

Daniel, Jun 4, 2005 IP