1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

WebTrends 7 vs. Log Analyzer Opinions

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by ephricon, Mar 10, 2005.

Shoot I just typed this whole post and deleted it on accident!

Here's the skinny. I am working on a large e-comm site that currently only has WebTrends log file analysis. With this we can measure traffic but not actual sales resulting from each of our advertising campaigns. I want to use a solution that is either all or part cookie-based (client side) to track the actual SALES that result from our SE rankings, email campaigns, etc.

To my understanding WebTrends 7 combines log file analysis and cookie-based tracking (via client side scripts). Is anyone currently using this? If so what version? How do you like it? Any concerns? Opinions please :)

ephricon, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  2. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on which package you have, it may have more in depth analytics or not.

Overall, WebTrends is definitely a great solution. I gave it a good run for its money along with just about every other tester out there. If I recall it was a bit pricey.

Is their solution installed or hosted?
    KG

keywordguru, Mar 10, 2005 IP
  3. ephricon

ephricon Peon

Best Answers:
    Well I've got the installed log file analyzer currently - but it does not use any of the JS tracking which is what I want. I'm eager to hear opinions from anyone using WebTrends 7 which has the JS tracking and/or anyone that has used SiteCatalyst and/or Coremetrics.

Anyone else?

ephricon, Mar 11, 2005 IP