1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website with interactive table (and charts)

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by tobeey, May 3, 2021.

Hi,
    I am totally new web developing but I hope I can find some advise here where to look further.

I've got an idea I am very eager to realize.
    Basically, the idea is that I want to compile certain mutual funds into a table (listing fees, past performance, Morningstar-rating etc) and then make the user sorts/filter by criteria of their choice and multi-select funds, to build their portfolio. Based on their selection, I want charts to be created (e.g. showing the distribution of e.g. regional allocation or total average fees of the portfolio).

As mentioned, I've limited experience and therefore maybe a already built service is most suitable. Some guidance in in where to look is much appreciated.

Tobey

tobeey, May 3, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    JQuery and datatables make the presentation of the raw data really easy, although you may have to dig a bit to realise the full potential of it.

There are also really good charting tools, the one I use is called Apex but there are plenty of them about.

You also need a tool to make it easy to update your data - but that will depend on a number of factors - how automated, will it only ever be you, do you need to be able to access from different computers (ie while travelling)

sarahk, May 3, 2021 IP
  3. tobeey

tobeey Peon

Best Answers:
    I further researched my alternatives and it seems that your recommendation about JQuery with datatables is the one that looks most promising and will probably be my choice. Thank you, much appreciated.

Could you further guide me in what tools you would use for; using the code of JQuery/datatables and possible tools for updating my table data?
    My data will be mainly manually updated and stored as Excel (it wont need that much maintenance).

tobeey, May 23, 2021 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'd just use a regular html form for data entry. You could use jquery to submit but it's not necessary. Admin tasks don't need to be pretty.

sarahk, May 23, 2021 IP