1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website with 500K visits/month and 30GB size. Should i use SSD VPS or MNVe VPS ?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by sintos, Sep 1, 2021.

Hello,

I have a newsblog wordpress website of 30GB size and 500K visits/month.
    I am thinking of hosting it in a Contabo VPS.
    I need the disk size offered with the SSD disk but i am worried about performance, so i am also considering NMVe disk.
    Do you believe that there will be a significant decrease in performance if i use the SSD disk ?
    Any advice will be much appreciated !!

Yannis

sintos, Sep 1, 2021 IP
  2. SolaDrive

SolaDrive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What is your peak traffic like? How many peak concurrent users? Both SSD and NVMe have very high IOps so they will both be more than sufficient. It really comes down to if the VPS provider is overloading their servers and the SSD throughput is being maxed out. But this isn't something they will ever tell you. Just go with a reputable SSD/NVMe provider who have good reviews for performance and reliability.

SolaDrive, Sep 1, 2021 IP
  3. WPAleks

WPAleks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For that number of visits the most important is caching and setting up the server well. Difference between SSD and NVMe SSD is not that significant, there are many other more important factors like CPU, RAM and caching as well as the bot protection. On Cloudways you could probably find it all.

WPAleks, Nov 26, 2021 IP
  4. terrajon

terrajon Peon

Best Answers:
    But are a lot of better VPS than these ones

terrajon, Dec 15, 2021 IP
  5. monovm

monovm Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you are using shared hosting services, there are more factors that must be checked before storage type. Read and Write speed in NVMe storage is more than SSD storage, but assigned IO limits, the maximum performance of CPU and RAM, and assigned network bandwidth can be effective in getting the best performance from NVMe storage for web hosting accounts.

monovm, Aug 3, 2022 IP
  6. Pics4You

Pics4You Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am using knownsrv.com web hosting. They have 0-24 support and you can ask them to tell you wich VPS is best for your websites.
    I always ask provider what is best for my websites because they do know the best.

Pics4You, Aug 3, 2022 IP