1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Value Calculator

Discussion in 'Websites' started by IG2010, Jul 3, 2015.

IG2010, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I always LAUGH at "tools" like this that effectively pull numbers out of their ass about the value of a site; as if you can ACTUALLY say what a site's visits or bounce rate is without access to the server stats.

As to the site itself, first LOSE the fugly-assed orange splash screen page. That's an annoying pointless waste of bandwidth. The orange on white and white on orange are also far, FAR below accessibility minimums. Just move /website-value-calculator/ to the blasted root or put an immediate redirect in place to that.

The gooftard illegible webfonts blow chunks, more so in the inaccessible fixed metric (pixel) measurements. The blue is a little too light for any text color to have proper accessibility atop it, particularly with the goofy bandwidth wasting webfonts and absurdly undersized px metric fonts.

I would highly suggest easing up on the scripting, since there's very little being done in a useful fashion warranting the presence of the 7 separate scripts totalling ~341k or so. While the favicons are cute, at 25 separate handshakes they delay the page load time WAY too much, and really there should be NO legitimate reason given what's being done there for the 4 separate CSS files coming to a ridiculous 182k in size apart from developer ineptitude.

Of course, popping the bonnet ineptitude becomes the norm the moment we see that it's built with bootcrap. Do yourself a favor and go find a stick to scrape that off with before tracking it all over the Internet's carpets. (HOW does ANYONE see a legitimate advantage to using that idiotic mouth-breathingly dumbass garbage?!?)

The overstuffed keywords <meta>, near useless/pointless keyword stuffed description <meta>, static scripting in the markup, code-bloat opengraph nonsense (ONLY value that ever makes sense is og:image), lack of media targets on the (again ridiculous) 4 CSS <link>, abuse of the button tag outside of a form (it's a form element!), gibbberish use of numbered headings (how can you even have a H4 when you havent' even declared a H1, H2 or H3 for it to be the start of a subsection of?!?), aria role bloat redundancies (since jack **** for legitimate user agents actually DOES anything with ARIA), endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nohting, endless pointless span as scripttard hooks, lack of labels (PLACEHOLDER is NOT A LABEL!!!), static style in the markup (99.99% of the time if you use the STYLE attribute, you're doing things wrong!), absolute URI's for no good reason other than to intentionally waste bandwidth, comment placements that could trip rendering bugs in IE and FF (yes, COMMENTS, those things browsers are SUPPOSED to ignore), clearing DIV like it's still 2001, TH + COLSPAN doing CAPTION's job, TH without scope and no THEAD, TD without scope doing TH's job, even more static scripttardery in the markup (so much for leveraging cache)... hardly a shock it's then wasting 47k of markup on delivering 1.47k of plaintext, two dozen content images and maybe a dozen form elements -- easily two to four times as much code as should be present.

It's a bloated slow poorly coded accessibility disaster - though sadly very much what I expect these days when I see a HTML 5 doctype and bootcrap. The former making it the bleeding edge of 1997 development practices, the latter making sure that the HTML and CSS are as poorly coded and inefficient as possible.

deathshadow, Jul 5, 2015 IP
    IG2010 likes this.
  3. Dayvi

Dayvi Member

Best Answers:
    Would anyone like to buy my site for $5 million dollars? XD

Dayvi, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  4. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, this isn't your website.

It's an over-rated script from Code Canyon.

Second,

What is up with your landing page?

I actually felt like I was on LSD.

I think you are a strong contender for the "ugliest website of the year" award.

I would vote for you at least.

Matthew Sayle, Jul 5, 2015 IP
  5. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you. Oh by the way, watching your signature, you definitly on LSD.

IG2010, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  6. IG2010

IG2010 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At least it's a pleasure to get a review from someone who knows what he is talking about. Thank you

IG2010, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  7. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You were watching my signature?

Signature Stalker

Matthew Sayle, Jul 6, 2015 IP
  8. abdmjz

abdmjz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Good place to see other DP webmaster recent searches ;-)

abdmjz, Nov 9, 2015 IP