1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website - User Accounts & Logs

Discussion in 'Security' started by Peter.S, Mar 4, 2015.

I have a HTML 5 website and would like to be able to only allow people with accounts to be able to access it.
    I also want to be able to log when each of these users login and create a report.

Does anyone know of a good way of doing this?
    At the moment I'm looking at Bravenet's service but sure there are different ways to do this?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    Peter.S, Mar 4, 2015 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You'll need some way to check users against an existing record - the best way to do this is by accessing a database with the information in it. Any server-side web-language can do this - the most common being PHP.
    A user would fill in a form, username and password, it will be checked against existing users in the database, and if there's a match, it'll log the user in. Very basic. I don't know what Bravenet does, but using a "build-it-yourself" system for this sounds... pretty stupid. It's a half an hour job for an experienced developer, maybe an hour if it need to be incorporated into an existing site.

PoPSiCLe, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  3. AnaWade

AnaWade Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not sure that bravenet's service fulfill your requirements. You can use any server side program or language that help you to accessing a database.

AnaWade, Mar 17, 2015 IP