1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Topsites Attack

Discussion in 'Security' started by wazimm, Apr 24, 2007.

I just bought hosting service and I received the following message from the hosting co. support for one of my sites

The site is a general web directory powered by phplinkdirectory script and in a subdirectory /topsites/ is powered aardvarktopsitesphp .. what can I do about this?

wazimm, Apr 24, 2007 IP
  2. Zinho

Zinho Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    You should verify the code you have on that page and try to understand why they chose to attack that page. The only reason for this I can think of is that it is a page with database access. It causes a lot of memory usage above all if your code doesn't close connections as soon as it is no more needed.
    The only thing you can do is to ask your hosting to review your code and try fixing it or just try to move your site to another server

Zinho, Apr 25, 2007 IP
  3. ruby

ruby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Being a topsite the sites on your topsite display your button, they do so with an IMG take that pulls the image off your server (through button.php).

If that site is getting A LOT of hits then its very possible that URL will get hit many times from different IP addresses.

It may not be a DOS attack at all but the general running of the topsite.

ruby, Apr 27, 2007 IP
  4. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:
    let them install : APF/BFD/Mod_Evasive

Mod evasice should do the work : after xx connections , the ip get blocked.

commandos, Apr 28, 2007 IP