1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website security

Discussion in 'Security' started by Abbadox, Mar 28, 2006.

I have learned how to web design by reading books and trying things on my own and I am curious if there are things I should be doing to make my sites more secure? is there a good book or website that would show me how to protect my sites from hackers better?.

Abbadox, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  2. jestep

jestep Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by secure? There are a ton of levels and areas of security associated with websites.

Are you referring to a database, the hosting platform, the scripts in your website, SSL related, etc.?

jestep, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  3. Abbadox

Abbadox Active Member

Best Answers:
    Not really sure to be honest, I have about ten websites right now and I read stories once in a while about some stupid kid hacking into a website and destroying it and I just wonder if there are more things I should be doing to protect it better. I guess what I am asking is if anyone knows of a good source to learn about the various methods of securing a website.

Abbadox, Mar 28, 2006 IP
  4. alph

alph Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you are doing basic design work, and not taking in form inputs, or using dynamic code (like php/asp), you should be pretty safe. The rest should be up to your web host.

alph, Mar 28, 2006 IP