1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website review

Discussion in 'Websites' started by mayazir, Feb 2, 2022.

What do you think about the site structure and layout?
    Puebla City
    I need a review on the Frontpage, category page, and a single post
    For desktop, tablet, and phone layout, structure, and design.
    It's a new site, so no need to comment about its rank on Google.
    Thanks

mayazir, Feb 2, 2022 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    First up - what a showcase of your city! It looks gorgeous.

The home page feels really slow to load - presumably because of the images - but the hosting was slow to respond too.

upload_2022-2-3_10-11-56.png

Category Page: I expected the checkmarks to be dynamic and to rebuild the list below. Since the labels are meant to be clickable I'd get rid of the checkmarks and make the labels look more like links or buttons.

FYI Accommodation doesn't need the "s" at the end and has 2 "m".

upload_2022-2-3_10-20-46.png

Single Post: the list of categories needs to be smaller or moved to a sidebar - on my laptop I couldn't even see the heading! Because it's an "internal page" you could remove the description (see example) because the headings should be self-explanatory but there will be other design choices you could make.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

FYI this particular post needs a map or a link to google maps so visitors know where it is. It might be unmissable once you get to Puebla but when you're planning it's good to know where things are.

sarahk, Feb 2, 2022 IP
  3. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    Single Post: the list of categories needs to be smaller or moved to a sidebar - on my laptop I couldn't even see the heading! Because it's an "internal page" you could remove the description (see example) because the headings should be self-explanatory but there will be other design choices you could make.

But I did remove the description, but on the mobile mode only.
    This part is still not ready, I thought to add Puebla's local businesses and services.
    Anyway, I will think about re-design that part.
    I think the desktop mode it is ok, but I will think about the tablet mode.
    And the phone mode already had the description removed.

Yes, I always add Google Maps into posts, the site is new and I just worked on the structure and design. In 1 week more or less, I will start working with the content and add more posts, keywords and add Google Maps to every post, as I do always.
    You can see here Google Maps I always add:
    https://pueblacity.com/cuexcomate-geyser/

Checkmarks icons for listing categories and for some text areas on the Frontpage were chosen randomly, I just needed to place there something, so I added the font awesome checkmark icons, I will replace them in the future.

Thanks for your review.
    It is not my city, but I like Puebla and I just like to create travel guide sites.

PS: I removed the S in accommodation and added one more M.
    I will also ask the host team to check if they could optimize something on configuration. And will try to remove some weight from the images.

What is your laptop resolution?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    mayazir, Feb 2, 2022 IP
  4. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I just checked the site on different virtual devices of all kinds of resolutions.

Well, let's be honest and recognize the fact that 99.99% of sites use ads and place them before content (in the header), 80% of sites even use ads with timers or pop-ups which you must close before continuing reading.

I don't use this kind of monetization on my sites.
    Even if I will add here AdSense, it will be only 1-2 (as many) ads between paragraphs of the post's content only and will not fill every free space with banners, especially will not place any banner on the header (it is crazy).

So, in this aspect, I don't see it as something so critical to scroll down to read the content of the post.
    Talking about the post's title, well, I moved it below the post image (in the original wp theme, it was before the post's image, the poor theme author will not recognize his theme, I customized it 95%). But again, I feel aesthetically it looks better to place the title after the image because the title can be long (more than 1 line) and in some posts moves the image down, creating some empty space between the green top border of the content area and the image itself.

The important point of the site must be (in the future) the (paid) listing option and this is what I want to monetize, so the listing must be the 1st thing the visitor must see.

I could make a listing description collapsible, but no site does it, I also can't move it to the sidebar because due to common logic the listing area must be BEFORE the post and not after, and if I move the listing area to the sidebar, then it will appear after the post on the phone mode.

I forgot to add that the listing description is not so useless as it can be seen at the first sight. It is a "reserved" area for the future sub-listing categories.
    And, in my opinion, the description text adds some kind of aesthetically look and balance, because without description it looks empty and lost between the header and content area.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2022
    mayazir, Feb 2, 2022 IP
  5. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    mayazir, Mar 14, 2023 IP
  6. newbie191

newbie191 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You might want to edit the footer.
    I see on your other site as well the footer shows previous year ©2022. I believe there is a php code which can show current year.

newbie191, Mar 14, 2023 IP
  7. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, why have I never thought about that?
    Already added the script.
    I have a lot of sites and it was always difficult to update the year on all of them

mayazir, Mar 14, 2023 IP
  8. Gamerseo

Gamerseo Member

Best Answers:
    The website looks clear and does not interfere with the reception of content. The site is very pretty.

Gamerseo, Mar 16, 2023 IP