1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website review

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Sam65, May 4, 2021.

I'm wondering if you folks could review our website: https://www.sophistik.com.au
    And give your opinion. What can be done to make it better. Why do you think the conversion rate is low? I appreciate it in advance.

Sam65, May 4, 2021 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm across the ditch in Auckland and we have a radio station promo taking the piss out of shopping sites with stuff like this:

upload_2021-5-5_19-3-34.png

and what is this at the bottom of the screen. I couldn't see the product on the page: https://www.sophistik.com.au/collections/care-pack/products/care-pack-1
    upload_2021-5-5_19-4-35.png

you need to fix these:
    upload_2021-5-5_19-12-49.png

proofread your copy, can't your customers take it for granted that the lid will be "suitable"?
    upload_2021-5-5_19-15-20.png

On your contact page you give the address as "PO 39 Keilor Victoria 3036", shouldn't that be PO Box...? and you should have a street address available. Customers feel more confident when you are open about your location.

All up, it's a beautiful site. A bit odd that I can't right mouse click to open more than one page at a time but most people won't notice.

sarahk, May 5, 2021 IP
  3. jaymi

jaymi Member

Best Answers:
    You asked why the conversion rate is so low.

What is it at the moment, and how many items do you have total on the website?
    From what i can see, there may just not be enough variety of items to buy from.

I would also try changing the Add to cart buttons to be orange. There is a reason why most big websites use this button color standard, it is the most well known color for these kinds of buttons, it makes people feel more at ease with the though of buying since it adds a sort of familiarity to the process, at the moment they are a dark grey/green(?) color.

Another point is the actual top fold order section of the products, its confusing. on the left side are the images, which is great, but on the right side its a bit messy, there isnt really a short description of the product, the payment icons are way too big, there isnt really a need for them to be that big usually, the button colors are a bit of a put-off also (as mentioned).

I

jaymi, May 15, 2021 IP
  4. dabbu347

dabbu347 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Sam65 Anyways as per my views, site layout is acceptable but the images placed under "Best Selling Gift boxes" & "What Is New" category are covering entire screen at a time. Same is with "Shop by Collection" category. The Customer testimonial is looking awkward, make it small as per screen size. Hope you might like these considerations. Thanks

dabbu347, May 23, 2021 IP
  5. Goku99821

Goku99821 Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I'd say the overall structure of the site ain't bad, besides your description being shoved below items. Some of the text needs rewards because you've used the same thing quite a few times which is kinda strange.

Newsletters are usually near the top or you could add a small section in your tabs. You've also left the words 'featured text' from the template.

You've got a good domain name so just fix the typos and reorganise some stuff. Good luck

Goku99821, May 26, 2021 IP