1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Review

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Linen & Myrrh, Apr 5, 2020.

Hi everyone,

I just finished my first website - www.linenandmyrrh.co.za and I would like to get some feedback.
    Basically about the design / user friendliness, is this fine for eCommerce, maybe some feedback about the SEO.
    Any suggestions on how I can improve?

I would really appreciate any input.
    Thanks!

Linen & Myrrh, Apr 5, 2020 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The site looks fine on the outside. I do have a problem with your color contrasts. Visually impaired will have hard time reading the text in your navigation, slider, footer and a few other places. The site is not SEO optimized. No clear titles or descriptions between <head></head>. No clear <h1>,<h2>,<h3> tags. I looked at the source code, it's quite messy, to the point I don't believe any search engine will ever index any of your pages (except the main page). It's not your fault, the site has been built with one of the site building platforms, so you get what you get. Your mobile version looks good. For some reason the site took longer to load up on my cell phone (I am guessing it's partially because of all the excessive javascript and css that the site has).

1.jpg

2.png

qwikad.com, Apr 6, 2020 IP
  3. Linen & Myrrh

Linen & Myrrh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you very much qwikad!
    I will take a look to the font, color and get it visually better. I will also get that SEO sorted out.
    Sadly I had to use wix to build the website. I don't have the skill set to using wordpress, maybe one day.

Linen & Myrrh, Apr 7, 2020 IP
  4. Andrii Ozemko

Andrii Ozemko Member

Best Answers:
    From the UI point of view, it looks good for me. The only thing I would change is the font size of the left filter. It seems to be too small.
    From SEO point of view, the website is not optimized. I have crawled it with my On-Page SEO tool Smart SEO Auditor (https://smart-seo-tool.com). The application found broken links, duplicates, sitemap and robots.txt disagreements, etc. You can crawl your website for free. I found 65 pages on the website. As I can see, you need to do a lot of work.

Andrii Ozemko, Apr 7, 2020 IP
  5. Linen & Myrrh

Linen & Myrrh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you Andrii, I will take a look!

Linen & Myrrh, Apr 8, 2020 IP