1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Ranks different on Google.com and Google.co.in

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ishrar, Aug 23, 2014.

We have find a new problem with me. I was found that my website ranks differ from Google.com and Google.co.in . Traffic was same on both but result are different. I want to share my problem with all professional. I want to resolved it.

ishrar, Aug 23, 2014 IP
  2. Jameyson MacDonald

Jameyson MacDonald Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is really nothing you can do about the results being different. Google in India is not necessarily going to have the same results as Google in the US because one of the metrics being used to rank a site is popularity and user interaction. You site may have more traffic and popularity in India than the US or vice versa. Then you also have to keep in mind that the websites you're competing for rank with are going to be different in India than those in the US.

Jameyson MacDonald, Aug 23, 2014 IP
  3. Rado_ch

Rado_ch Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Jameyson is correct, tho the example should be even more wide-spread. Google.com is not for US users primarily, you are competing with websites from all over the world. And on .co.in localized results will always get favorable results in the search. So to make it short - on one place you are competing mainly with Indian websites, whereas on the other you have the whole world to tackle ;)

Rado_ch, Aug 24, 2014 IP
  4. amit_at_digitalpoint

amit_at_digitalpoint Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its easier to rank locally or nationally than globally. So you should try and take advantage of that.
    Get links from other .in sites, will boost your .in ranking.
    .com will take into account all competing sites.

amit_at_digitalpoint, Aug 24, 2014 IP
  5. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is nothing which is wrong at your end. It's just that Google algorithm performs differently in different countries depending upon the level of spam that they have. Therefore, you are witnessing such changes.

rankwatch.com, Sep 6, 2014 IP
  6. ByteChef

ByteChef Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    It happens to not only your website but even other Indian sites too. Globally you are competing with other similar sites, so the best among them comes up the ranking.

ByteChef, Sep 6, 2014 IP
  7. maddenitrous

maddenitrous Member

Best Answers:
    This is normal and not a problem, Google.com is global and the competition is very hard and to rank there is also very hard

maddenitrous, Sep 6, 2014 IP