1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website ranking Dropped why???

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Devprakash, Apr 1, 2013.

Hi All,

My site was ranking very good in google.com. I was ranking on no.5th but now my website ranking dropped. i didn't do any changes.

Few days ago keywords were ranking at very good positions. But now they are nowhere.

Devprakash, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  2. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Two primary reasons:
    a) It's normal, in fact it happens what you mention all the time until you get #1 ranking, usually it disappears for 24hrs and then returns back. So it should return to either where it used to rank or better position. I see that happen all the time.

b) You simple got outranked by a competitor or another website who just got more backlinks then you... I hope you're optimizing for good keywords, if keyword has a ton of competition it will be difficult you're always going to move back and forth on rankings.

Just keep getting backlinks that's what you should do (assuming the keyword is not too competitive in that case pick some other keyword).

JAck

jacksarlo, Apr 1, 2013 IP
    Preetam likes this.
  3. Devprakash

Devprakash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks JAck.
    thanks for reply.

But please tell me what are they way to generate good backlinks?
    1. Directories
    2. Article Submission
    3. Social Bookmarking
    4. Guest Posting.

any other way?
    Please suggest.
    previously i was doing directory/article/social bookmarking / forum signatures

Devprakash, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  4. jacksarlo

jacksarlo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Those you mentioned are amongst the best some more:
    • Comment on dofollow blogs
    • web directories
    • forum signatures
    • link exchanges (join sites like linkmetro.com)
    • article exchanges (contact bloggers to do this, or website owners, or use linkmetro.com)
    • article submission (use service like distributeyourarticles.com they do manual submissions to thousands of directories and wesbites)
    • use backlinkswatch.com to see which websites link to your competitors (first 3 ranked website for the keyword) and get links from those websites.
    Use a plugin like searchstatus and just search the web for places not using the nofollow tag you can put your link on, e.g. hubpages and other sites that allow you to create pages...
    Jack

jacksarlo, Apr 1, 2013 IP
    Devprakash likes this.
  5. RealEcon

RealEcon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can also just copy very relevant articles or quotes onto your website, and take other sites backlinks. Just make sure the articles and quotes are very related to your websites niche.

http://dejanseo.com.au/hijacked/
    http://dejanseo.com.au/mind-blowing-hack/

Ranking isnt just about backlinks anymore because google doesnt attach backlinks only to urls anymore, they are also attached to content.

A reason you lost rankings is that a competitor may have jacked your content or that you have recently posted content on your site that is not closely related to the subject of your site, or that websites linking to you have become less relevant by posting less relevant content etc.

Ranking in Google is a bit more tricky than it used to be in the good ole backlink days.

RealEcon, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  6. JiniOnline

JiniOnline Member

Best Answers:
    Not only back links but you should work for traffic also and social media is best resource for this.
    Target your visitors in social media and start a social media campaign to attract visitors for your website. Other than this, you may work to gain page authority also for your website.

JiniOnline, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  7. arun13

arun13 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think if we can get more number of back links than our competitors, ranking in the first three positions, can help us to get good rankings, and outclass all our competitors. It really don't depend on the number of back links, but completely on the quality of the back links, which means where (from which sites) they are coming from.

arun13, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  8. simple007

simple007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    its normal behavior of search engines and their algorithms... may be a minor update on panda or penguin have affected ur search rankings

simple007, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  9. JiniOnline

JiniOnline Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, according to update in Google algorithm says that we should do quality work and hence quality back link is important.

JiniOnline, Apr 2, 2013 IP
  10. Devprakash

Devprakash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But you cannot imagine a quality/relevant link from directory/article/social bookmarking/ forum

Devprakash, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  11. JiniOnline

JiniOnline Member

Best Answers:
    Why not? Go with reputed directory/article/bookmarking/forum sites.

JiniOnline, Apr 3, 2013 IP
  12. sharanseo

sharanseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to update Google algorithm- Google Panda 25# and Google penguin.. to drop your ranking and also your keywords..

Thanks

sharanseo, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  13. learner101

learner101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am having the same problem of keywords ranking. But i am still trying to get back my keywords position back. Bottom line is quality work needed not quantity...

learner101, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  14. JiniOnline

JiniOnline Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, now we should do quality work instead of quantity.
    Try to get back links from good PR page and try to attract targeted visitors.

JiniOnline, Apr 5, 2013 IP