1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website preview problem`s

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Shaolinferak, Jan 27, 2016.

Hi there i am kind of new to this forum so if am not in the right place please remove my thread and accept my apologies , so i have a little problem here which i hope all you experienced people can help me sort it out i have a website which i didnt make myself but i want to upload and use i have paid for a domain name and i have upload it to google drive for hosting but when i want to preview my site to see how it looks i cannot i tried so my question is can someone take a look at the files and folder i have and point me in the right direction thanks in an advance

[​IMG] - -- - this is what i get when i try to preview it via google hosting

[​IMG] -- -- and these are the fails i have for the website

Attached Files:

Shaolinferak, Jan 27, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Those images are way too small to be of any use. Why do people insist on doing things so incredibly difficult? Post a proper image (minimum size 1024x768), and post the link to the domain.

PoPSiCLe, Jan 27, 2016 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Uhm... I'm pretty sure google drive is NOT for hosting websites... you need an actual webhost for that.

deathshadow, Jan 27, 2016 IP
  4. Shaolinferak

Shaolinferak Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    well i saw on youtube like 3-4 videos it`s true they where all from before 2016 but i dont know they where uploading it there and didint have problems the reason im asking for this is i dont want to buy web host and dont have a working functional website which i can host there do

Shaolinferak, Jan 28, 2016 IP
  5. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    I think you can use Google Drive to host, same as you can use Dropbox, but the functionality is very limited. The cost of a proper webhost is a few dollars a year - (well, by proper I mean cheap) - if you can't afford 10-12 $ a year, then why do you even need a website?

PoPSiCLe, Jan 28, 2016 IP
  6. CenTex Hosting

CenTex Hosting Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. Google drive and dropbox are designed for storage and not hosting a site. I have see people do it but its very very limited and you have no support.

Your best option is to get a real host and put the site up on it. That way you do have support, and would be on something that is designed to host web sites.

But using google drive is not the way to go.

CenTex Hosting, Jan 28, 2016 IP
  7. Shaolinferak

Shaolinferak Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Im sorry about the pictures i didint chek if they were large enough for easy viewing , thank you all for your suggestions but can and i dont mind the money i can afford it its not for me thats the problem im talking on behalf of someone the thing is i cannot see the preview of this website and since i am not on expert level familiar with what files i exactly need i am not sure i have a proper website to begin with so is there any point in paying money for hosting since i am not sure can someone just please guikde me how do try to preview it i tried with a normal explorer and nothing

asdasdaaa.jpg
    asdasdaaa.jpg

Attached Files:

Shaolinferak, Jan 28, 2016 IP
  8. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    I'm pretty sure you can't run PHP-scripts of Google Drive - only .html-files, ie static files with no dynamic content (apart from via javascript) - hence I doubt the files you have there will work. What you can do is set up a test-environment on your own computer, using WAMP or something, and see if the files work as a website there. If they do, you know you have a working site, and can purchase a webhost somewhere. If not, well... then you might have some more serious issues.

PoPSiCLe, Jan 28, 2016 IP
    deathshadow likes this.
  9. Daniel Myers

Daniel Myers Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to properly view your website it is necessary to sign up for a hosting service. In Google drive it won’t allow you to see it correctly.

Daniel Myers, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  10. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What he said... hence why it's NOT an actual hosting platform. IT's a cute place to share files, trying to use it for actual hosting is just begging to fail from the start.

... and when a bottom end VPS can be had for less than ten bucks a month, there's really no excuse for not being able to afford at least that.

deathshadow, Feb 2, 2016 IP