1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

website or no website

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by trevorup, Nov 15, 2006.

Hi all. My name is Trevor and I've been online for a few years and have decided to get into this aff. marketing.

I'm wondering if it's best to have a dedicated website for each product I promote. Is this the best way to go?

Or make a sub-domain off my site for each product I promote.

This may be a problem though as my existing site is an ebook website.

Are there domain packages available, or do I have to purchase 1 domain per product I promote.

Or should I get a general domain and create sub-domains and have a squeeze page for each product?

I think I'm in the right forum.

Thanks, Trevor:)

trevorup, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  2. Kelvin

Kelvin Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Trevor,

"I'm wondering if it's best to have a dedicated website for each product I promote. Is this the best way to go?

Or make a sub-domain off my site for each product I promote."

This will depend on whether you are planning on acquiring free search engine traffic or you are going to use PPC only. If you want free search engine traffic then you will need targeted content and as such a seperate domain for each niche that you target. If you are using PPC only then you can get away with having sub-domains or sub-folders on one domain.

The only disadvantage of this is that your domain won't match the market that you are targeting and this may have a marginal negative effect on your PPC click through rates and the impression that your traffic has of your website when they reach it.

To get around this it might be worth buying a domain like TrevorsReviews.com to act as an umbrella under which you can market different products.

It would, however, obviously depend on the markets you were going to target as to whether this would work as an idea.

Best of luck.

Kelvin, Nov 15, 2006 IP
  3. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    Kelvin is on track.

You can have a generic domain and subdomains, or you can buy a domain for each products if they are not related.

For the second solution, you must have a web hosting service with unlimited domains. I use hostgator for that.

You can also buy your domain name in bulk if you have many products to promote.

However, for a beginner I advise you to start with one website at a time.

Franck S, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  4. mamtasaini

mamtasaini Peon

Best Answers:
    Kelvin - good reply, I would like to add to it with my limited experience.

Website Visitors(would be customers) these days are too smart, whether they are on our website via Organic Traffic (Free Search Engine Traffic) OR via PPC traffic they are looking for something specific. If they are almost ready to reach their wallet to buy something they will be looking around 2-5-10 sites before they turn customers for anyone of us.

I stick to the rule - "KEEP THEM FOCUSED" means show them only what they intially started their search for. e.g. if I am selling Shirts then my products page should not have Pants, Shoes etc or flashy links to them.

These days we can get as many visitors to our sites as we want depending on our PPC budget. Important factor is how many do we convert.

So according to me separate domain is always a better option whether you have search engine traffic or PPC traffic.

mamtasaini, Nov 16, 2006 IP
  5. edwinsoft

edwinsoft Peon

Best Answers:
    I like to use brand new domain names for each product I promote. The domain name will be related to the product I'm promoting.
    E.g. AffiliteprojectxCrap.com

edwinsoft, Nov 17, 2006 IP
  6. z268

z268 Peon

Best Answers:
    Does a domain with a single page performed well compared to a domain with lot of pages.

z268, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  7. books

books Peon

Best Answers:
    This is somthing I may look into Thanks for the advice

books, Nov 21, 2006 IP