1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website getting around 1000 unique visitors a day but little revenue

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by cri8bat, Feb 4, 2016.

I have a health and fitness blog that I have mentioned several times here. Thanks to you the blog is now getting 1000 unique visitors a day. And 70% comes from search engines (organic traffic).

I am currently monetizing with adsense and with 1 moreniche affiliate product (in weightloss category only). So far no sales but getting around 10-25 clicks a day (affiliate clicks).

regarding adsense, last month I got only £45 or $75 which I think is very low for the traffic that this is getting.

thanks to you now I have a list of over 539 email subscribers. I have still not emailed them any thing.

how can I make more money with this blog? Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

this is the url: http://www.healthsurgeon.com/

cri8bat, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  2. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get in contact with your subscribers ask them what they want, what they want help with regarding weight loss and provide that for them. This way you build a relationship with them and it gains trust. Have a sales funnel in place. You may need to tweak it to find out what works (consistent sales).. People buy from people they trust..

hope this helps..

kb24, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  3. Brittney Hudson

Brittney Hudson Guest

Best Answers:
    Congrats on that steady traffic stream you've got :)

This is an issue that can easily be solved by better understanding & engaging your target audience. You've already found your audience by utilizing your SEO strategies to drive traffic to your site, but you're not seeing the revenue that you'd like because you're relying completely on SEO. Now that you have the traffic I suggest taking it a step further by asking yourself these two questions about your content:

1. What sets my content apart from everything else that is out there on the internet?

2. Am I giving out the same old tips that are already out there?

Based off of some of your post titles I can see that you have a good idea of what it is that you're target audience is looking for so I think that the next step would be to give them even more of that in a new & fresh way. Meaning if you were to compare your site to the top results on Google could you say that it offers the best value or that your site is an authoritative source of information that people trust enough to purchase products on?

If you don't feel 100% confident in answering yes then that means that there is room for improvement in your content. People generally buy from those who they like & trust so if you're that guy/girl who has tons of good newer information, that looks different from what they're used to seeing, that builds their trust in you.

For example, one of your recent posts is titled "3 Tips How to Lose 1lbs in 5 Days Fast with Exercise". You start out with a really great title, but your content before your pitch for the weight loss patch is right at 400 words long & gives some what generic/obvious tips that most people are already aware of. If you look at most articles online they just give people a short & sweet explanation of how to lose weight, but majority of people are looking for in depth explanations for the things they don't quite understand yet just as you probably are on how to make more $ on your blog.

Larger media sites can get away with these shorter posts & still see high profits because of their already established reputations, but I recommend that you do the opposite so that you will stand out among the crowd.

You have something good going for your site. You figured out the traffic part so I know you'll do the same in terms of sales :) Good luck!

Brittney Hudson, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  4. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    op,

Ill be honest with you, my first impression of your site is that of a newbie...
    It looks like another cheap generic website, and I am impressed that you are
    making what you are making with your poorly written content "mosquito bikes"
    you do not know the difference between a bite, and bike? I am surprised your
    content has not confused google into giving you a penalty, so you must be
    doing something right. by nature, I hate reading, so I can scan over a post
    really quickly to see if it will interest me from start to finish, so not counting
    the mistakes most likely in your content, your content is rather boring/bland....

End summary; I am deeply disturbed that you are even getting
    1000/visitors month. It looks like another cheap site bloated with ads...
    For what you are making compared to what you have, be happy....

ps. like the above poster said, if you really want to impress google, then
    you need to go "deep research" style content. Those 300-500 word
    articles maybe great for forum starting content for chit-chat; I have seen
    blog posts in the 10-20k keyword range.

congratulations on fooling google into giving you traffic that
    you did not really earn or deserve. You did not naturally earn
    that traffic with the low quality content that you currently have....

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    dscurlock, Feb 4, 2016 IP