1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website display style on Google search page

Discussion in 'Google' started by wplive, Oct 31, 2013.

I couldn't quite figure out how to make my website display in Google search like the example below. Appreciate any help...

Attached Files:

wplive, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You have to wait until Google decides your site is worth it. Once it does display it there is a section in google webmastertools where you have limited control over the display.

sarahk, Oct 31, 2013 IP
  3. PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No offense, it is a dumb idea to wait and hope that something will happen just because you are waiting for it.

To the original poster: The links you see in the first search result in your image are callsed sitelinks. Officially, Google tells you that you cannot control when Google chooses to display sitelinks: they are generated automatically. Sitelinks are displayed when Google believes a site to be especially relevant to some search. Not surprisingly, this happens most often with brand name searches, since a site is most relevant to the brand that it represents.

However, following certain best practices, you can significantly your chance of getting sitelinks in search results. Here are some tips:
    • Make a well structured site with a clear navigation and hierarchy. Include your most important pages your top level navigation bars and menus.
    • Make a logical arrangement of the important content on your site.
    • Make the site crawlable; create and upload an XML sitemap via Webmaster tools
    • Create rich, useful, informative and unique content on your main pages
    • Use text links with stable, repetitive anchor text. This is better than using linked images.
    • Use precise title tags on your pages; make them consistent with the link anchor texts pointing to those pages.
    • Check your site for broken links; fix them.

Taking these steps does not guarantee you Google sitelinks, but it goes a long way to ensure you get them at least for searches by your brand name.

If you end up with sitelinks that you don’t want, you can demote, that is, delete them in your you Google Webmaster tool account. (Google does not guarantee that this will work, but it does provide the option.)

I hope this helps. :)

PhilipSEO, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Fair enough but you have to give concrete info on how to make it happen then. The checklist you give is best practice for any site development and I'm sure the OP (despite being banned) has built his site properly. I don't see that following those points as being a flag for Google to suddenly start giving you sitelinks.

Don't forget too, fixing broken links isn't always desirable. I haven't checked my logs lately but in the old days Google used to deliberately call rubbish page names to detect if you were throwing genuine 404s or serving up (rubbish?) content for every page requested.

sarahk, Nov 28, 2013 IP
  5. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google simply do not tolerate manipulation in search engine rankings and it will be according to your website's value.

KylieSweet, Nov 28, 2013 IP