1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website design contests

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by marty, May 12, 2005.

1. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Our International Sites:

Canada | United Kingdom | Germany | Japan | France | China

Crazy_Rob, May 13, 2005 IP
  2. Solicitors Mortgages

Solicitors Mortgages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Marty, why not just use a free template for the whole site?
    the quality of most school websites is considerably below par, (not all) ;)

and they could have their OWN competition for image design,
    just make a .gif out of the winning design/s

Solicitors Mortgages, May 13, 2005 IP
  3. marty

marty Peon

Best Answers:
    You are correct, most school sites are well below par, and that's why they have come to me. During one of our meeting I mentioned the possibility of having people all around the world, from exotic cultures with very different backgrounds competing to design the website.

The clients are looking for something different, and we're hoping we can find a design that will capture the whimsical nature of youthful learning incorporated with stars the school Mascott.

I assume no designer is going to spend too much time on this, but any good designer generally submits multiple designs for every proposal. In all likelihood there are wonderful designs wasting away on computers all over the world that would satisfy our needs.

Well that's the theory anyways...

Sorry if this post is too long winded... a couple of beers always makes me over type.

marty, May 13, 2005 IP
  4. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Marty, I would just look around and choose someone that you like, that fits the skills you want. Its probably better than trying to organise a competition in this case. Get someone to have some kind of stake in the site. Their link/ rep whatever that way you will get good work .

Design Agent, May 13, 2005 IP
  5. e10

e10 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you have a great idea to get the best for this school, but I wonder if you might not get more bang for your buck if you involve your community? Every little town and hamlet where I came from had a local rag and you could contact the high schools in your area, the local paper, local radio, community centres etc., and make this a local thing.

I bet you´ve got some homegrown talent right next to you that would shine given half the chance. Just think what a boost you would give to some young person´s confidence if you picked their design as the base for a website. Of course the local publicity when you pick the winner wouldn´t hurt the school either.

e10, May 13, 2005 IP
  6. marty

marty Peon

Best Answers:
    e10, I think you've made an excellent point, my daughter is a HS student and I believe they even have a club the does web sites. Maybe we'll go that route.

marty, May 14, 2005 IP