1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website critique

Discussion in 'Websites' started by elie k, Feb 20, 2020.

Fellow pundits,

We launched a new website thesevewisemen.net 2 months ago. Our ad campaigns' CTR is high to very high but conversions have been way below expectations. We already tried different iterations (contents and/or design changes), and conversions are still below average.

We're looking for critiques regarding content and design.

- Are contents crisp and motivational enough?
    - Does the site have enough appeal and selling power?
    - What are its strengths and weaknesses?

We want to stay away from using a rigid B2B business lingo and we kept the content relatable and demystified as much as possible.

Your feedback is appreciated and I value your time and consideration in advance.

Elie K

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2020
    elie k, Feb 20, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    https://www.thesevenwisemen.net/

The site looks nice but I'd expect it to be backup to a referral or recommendation. I'm not sure people google for business advisors and just pick one based on their website.

That said, here's some thoughts
    • Your tagline "In pursuit of added-value, we go to great depths" is the first thing that I see, before I even know what you do. I'd replace that with something that is a bit more explicit about the company.
    • The 3 photos back up the "great depths" concept but because I still didn't know what you do I thought I'd found a dive company
    • The text block that sits under the photos shouldn't be full width. It ends up being hard to read on a wide screen.
      upload_2020-2-21_9-29-56.png
    • Your "call to action" contact form is higher than normal and that can be good but the visitor still doesn't know much about you. I'd add in a business name just in case they use a personal email.
    • Add a more personalised photo next to the form - of the people your client might actually meet. It can be identical to the one you've used, but with a caption below pointing out who the people are and their position in the company.
    • After the contact form everything looks pretty normal.

sarahk, Feb 20, 2020 IP
  3. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe I am wrong, but I think AdSense will never let your earn much money until your will be 1 or more years old.
    My news site was getting almost 1k traffic daily from the first months, but I never could get more that a few euros monthly.
    Later, when my DA was already decent and the site was 1 year old my income suddenly grew up till 60-70 monthly.
    Now its 180 monthly.
    I built one more news site and..the same story.. it gets almost 1k daily traffic but generates as much 20 cents per day.

mayazir, Feb 20, 2020 IP
  4. elie k

elie k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Sarah,

Thanks for bringing to my attention a mistake I made in the original URL I posted. Tried to fix it but the system won't let me.

You make some valid points and will attend to them with our planned revisions, however, if I want to zoom in on the core challenges:

People look for services such as "Feasibility studies" and "Business consulting" but the core challenge is this and it's a confusing one: on pages such as https://www.thesevenwisemen.net/services/business-consulting/feasibility-studies/ and https://www.thesevenwisemen.net/services/business-consulting/strategic-business-planning/ , I believe contents on either page is clear and informative enough? with enough selling power? and visually-attractive enough?

The homepages gets a 2.5 minute-visit and a bounce rate of <50%, while either page mentioned above gets 1-1.5 minute visits and a bounce rate of >80%.

Using our old website, we used to get 1-2 high quality leads per day.

elie k, Feb 21, 2020 IP
  5. elie k

elie k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't know about this but our URL is 7 years old. Only the design/content are new.

elie k, Feb 21, 2020 IP
  6. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    not important your domain age.. by the way, adsense doesnt like suddenly appeared sites on expired domains..
    according to my experience you never will get high income from the begining..

my first news site after first 6 months, began to make 20-30 euros monthly with 500-1000 daily uniques..
    Later, being DA30+ with 1000-1500 daily taffic it was making 1 euro daily during next 6 months
    And then suddenly jumped to 150+ euros monthly..
    Now it is DA46 with 3500+ daily making 180+ euros monthly...

My second site of the same niche and with daily 800+ uniques, made total 32 euros within 1 year.. more or less the same amount as was making my first site within its first year..

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    mayazir, Feb 21, 2020 IP
  7. mayazir

mayazir Member

Best Answers:
    More points:
    its not good domain name, its too long and with "the"..
    its not good domain extension..
    this domain is just 2 years old, not 7 as you mentioned, so it must be expired domain.. anyway, only 2 years are considered, not 7
    you have only 16 backlinks, its not serious, get more backlinks

mayazir, Feb 21, 2020 IP