1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website critique / comparison

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Rabbits, Feb 2, 2018.

Hi Guys,

first time poster, just joined for the purpose of posting. Used to be a frequent poster at about.com designer forum about 15 years ago.

I currently work for a company in the UK. We have 2 websites, selling the same products. What I'm interested in is feedback on the differences between the 2 site in terms of UX, calls to action, on-site SEO etc. Which is better, why, how, what could be improved on either site. We've implemented all the recommendations at PageSpeeds and tried to make the cart and CO process as fast as possible.

Here are the two sites:

https://www.sweet-cures.com/
    https://www.waterfall-d-mannose.com/

Thanks for any feedback, positive or negative (bracing myself)

Rabbits, Feb 2, 2018 IP
  2. OnlineWorkIdeas_com

OnlineWorkIdeas_com Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe is a good idea to add menu also on the checkout page.
    Don't use in the future underscores in your URLs ('_'). Use '-'. Don't change the existing underscores in your URL since that will give you 404 errors.
    Your sites are quite fast and nicely setup and easy to use.
    Focus on adding many more products and then start promotion (Product Price Comparison, Adwords and maybe Facebook ads).
    Why you have 2 identical sites? What is the point of that?

OnlineWorkIdeas_com, Feb 3, 2018 IP
  3. Rabbits

Rabbits Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks bud, the underscores are part of the shopping cart script, written well before underscores were stopped being a thing. I'm not sure why there's two sites, I think it has something to do with Sweet-Cures being the brand/company, and Waterfall-d-mannose being the flagship product. It's a small company with only a handful of products. There are quite a few subtle differences in the sites, in addition to the color scheme. And was wondering if one was better than the other, or are they too close in appearance to make any difference to conversions?

Rabbits, Feb 3, 2018 IP
  4. OnlineWorkIdeas_com

Best Answers:
    The Green colour looks nicer but I it doesn't matter how it looks to people but which one converts better.
    You can check conversion comparison only with A/B testing software. Optimizely is one A/B testing solution.

OnlineWorkIdeas_com, Feb 3, 2018 IP
  5. Rabbits

Rabbits Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, so what makes for good conversion rates? I would imagine emotion plays a part, as in, it's nicer, so better feelings are invoked, so you're more likely to buy. What else.

Rabbits, Feb 3, 2018 IP
  6. OnlineWorkIdeas_com

Best Answers:
    The colour and text of the Cart button are very important. Make variations and do A/B testing. The truth is that you need a lot of traffic to get quick results with A/B testing. You can increase conversion rate by making variations of colours, banners, layouts, descriptions, price and more. Take a look of what other top-class competitors have done in their page and replicate the same. They surely paid a lot for A/B testing to get them there.

OnlineWorkIdeas_com, Feb 4, 2018 IP