1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website can't load

Discussion in 'Apache' started by lapidus, Dec 22, 2018.

Hello folks

I have a very frustrating problem about my websites on server.Somehow suddenly they go down.
    When i restart Apache from my VPS console then websites are visible but only 1 minute or less.
    My website is up 1 year and 3 months,and this is a first time facing with this problem.

Did i maybe need to increase this fields and how to do it?
    query_cache_size
    tmp_table_size
    max_heap_table_size
    thread_cache_size

Or there is some other catch why websites hanging?

RAM ok CPU ok always Help

lapidus, Dec 22, 2018 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Make sure it's not the server (datacenter) you are on that causes the issues. Did you contact your provider?

qwikad.com, Dec 22, 2018 IP
  3. lapidus

lapidus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, i contact them. They said:

1. Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for contacting Managed Services.

Thank you for your patience, and we have now completed your Advanced Performance Analysis.

Throughout the course of analyzing your site and server, we were able to identify the following potential bottlenecks in your configurations.

+ Website directories with over 1,024 inodes(files and directories)
    Severity: High

Issue: We have found website directories with over 1,024 inodes. Excessively large directories can adversely impact the performance of the server and cause file system latency, which reduces the responsiveness of the website.

Solution: The server should be scanned to determine the website directories with more than 1,024 inodes. Once the large directories are indentified, we recommend that you reduce and maintain your per-directory inode count to within 1,024.

+ MySQL Server Configuration
    Severity: Moderate

Issue: The current settings for MySQL server variables appear to be inappropriate for the needs of your applications. Properly optimizing MySQL server variables will not only improve the performance of database driven applications, but can also reduce the amount of CPU required by MySQL, which helps to maintain a lower load average on the server.

Solution: MySQL server variables should be appropriately adjusted in your '/etc/my.cnf' file. The goal is to increase/decrease MySQL buffers as required by your applications, without causing a general memory overage on the server. Although tuning MySQL can be difficult, the following articles will guide you through the process of MySQL optimization.

We would personally recommend modification of the following variables:

query_cache_size
    tmp_table_size
    max_heap_table_size
    thread_cache_size

+ Apache Configuration

Issue: Apache appears to be utilizing it's default configuration. While this is not necessarily problematic, properly tuning the web server will generally provided a significant performance gain.

Solution: Apache prefork settings should be adjusted according to the needs of your applications in conjunction with the amount of RAM available on your server.
    Furthermore, disabling any unnecessary Apache modules will allow each Apache process to run with a lighter memory footprint, conserving valuable system resources.
    For additional information regarding tuning Apache, please review the following KnowledgeBase article:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/perf-tuning.html

+ Fatal Errors

Issue: We detected fatal errors in your Apache error log. Fatal errors can not only cause issues with site accessibility, but can also affect other sites on your server by causing bottlenecks in Apache/MySQL.

I am not familiar with this. Can you help me step by step what and where to do? WHM or SSH,whatever qwikad.com Thanks

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
    lapidus, Dec 22, 2018 IP
  4. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Log into your WHM. Click on SQL Services, click on phpMyAdmin, click on the Variables tab.

Copy and paste any of the lines below into Filters (Containing the word) search box:

query_cache_size
    tmp_table_size
    max_heap_table_size
    thread_cache_size

Click on Edit and edit the number to a higher number, then save it. Let's say your query_cache_size says 30 MiB, you can change it to 80 MiB.

**If a variable has a MiB part make sure you don't remove it. If it doesn't just save a new number (thread_cache_size has a number only).

Keep in mind though, that if you restart your SQL services it will go back to the default variables. To change them permanently you will need to edit your my.cnf file using Putty or something similar which I am not going to delve into in this post. It's a bit more complex.

5. lapidus

Best Answers:
    Ok query_cache_size was on 0 then i change it to 80MiB and save it,and i restart the server.

Do i need to change other variables?

lapidus, Dec 22, 2018 IP
  6. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Did it ask you to restart the server? I am afraid any restart will reset the variables to their default numbers.

If you want to you can bump the other variables a bit too. You will have to if the site is still down.

7. lapidus

Best Answers:
    Variable has been changed,but still site is loading and is down.

lapidus, Dec 22, 2018 IP
  8. RoseHosting

RoseHosting Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Your hosting provider mentioned that there are fatal errors in the Apache log files. Did you check the logs for more details?

If you have WHM/cPanel on the server, you can check the logs in the '/usr/local/apache/logs/error_log' file.

RoseHosting, Dec 27, 2018 IP
  9. hostechsupport

hostechsupport Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You need to analyze the Apache error logs to get the idea about websites going down

hostechsupport, Dec 29, 2018 IP