1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Appraisal - Your Opinions

Discussion in 'Appraisals' started by onestop, Apr 25, 2005.

If you were to buy this site, how much would you pay?

I won't be able to give too much details about this site, but just general info:

Avg. 250 uniques/day
    150.000 page views/month
    Marketleap Linkpopularity Value around 40.000
    Co-Op weight over 40.000

Avg. $100/month Adsense
    Text Links $1000/month

It has great potential, PR 5 , and 5 months old site.
    I've visited several forums where they sell websites, many say 1 year revenue of the site is the appraisal price, some look into more details, and potential.

I'd really appreciate if everybody can share their opinions since I have never bought or sold a site in my life.
    Thanks in advance

onestop, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  2. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Considering it's a PR5 and with the adsense revenue (make sure it is genuine and not from a combination of several sites) I would say around $1200 to $1500. I paid $1200 for a site with very similar stats recently, coop weight was smaller though.

Cyclops, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  3. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but it makes around $1000/month with text links. I think you didn't read that part ?

onestop, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Cyclops, are you being serious? That would be close to a one month ROI if the revenue stats are accurate.

Im thinking in the range of $5-7k. Maybe more depending on the potential and site industry.

dcristo, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  5. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Ooops your right I missed the text links, sorry.
    That makes it a lot harder to value, seems like a lot of money for links on a PR5 site, I might have to start selling them on my site :D .

Cyclops, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  6. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    That is alot of advertising revenue for 250 uniques/day. Must be a good niche :)

dcristo, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  7. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think it'd be safe to say advertisers aren't in it for PR benefits :)

dcristo, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  8. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    Without knowing what the site is about I would be suss about those revenue figures, both seem a little high to me.

Cyclops, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  9. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    $100 in Adsense from 7500 uniques/month. Thats very possible.

As for the advertising revenue, it does seem a little high, but again still very possible in the right industry.

dcristo, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  10. onestop

Best Answers:
    I'm sorry but I can't send the URL right now. I was only wondering how much would you pay for a site like this.
    About PR and advertisement relation:
    I had a PR 3 site, with around 5000 uniques/day and it was a good niche. And one company offered $1.000/month for only one banner space. They knew they'd get the best targeted traffic on that site.
    So it all depends what advertisers are looking for.
    I thought a site with a steady increase in its revenue, and over $1.000/month revenue would be around $10.000-$20.000 .
    But I want to learn other members ideas, that's why I've posted it here.
    thanks again for all the comments.

onestop, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  11. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Very well could be. But without knowing at least what market your site is in, how can you expect a serious answer?

dcristo, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  12. onestop

Best Answers:
    As I said before, I neve sold or bought a site. So I'm not looking for very accurate estimations, I was only wondering to get some ideas, that's all.
    I have invested too much time and some serious money (for me) on this site, and because of a financial emergency, there's a possibility that I will have to sell this site next month.
    It's very new, and I have big plans for it. So before putting it on sale, I wanted to get at least some general idea, maybe a wide price range how much it would go for.
    I hope it makes sense.

onestop, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  13. onestop

Best Answers:
    BTW: Financial emergency is a good one :) We are moving from TX to NY, it's gonna be so much fun :)

onestop, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  14. AfterHim.com

AfterHim.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that site should be worth 12-14K, but it depends on the industry, and where the main traffic comes from.

Brandon

AfterHim.com, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  15. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    Boy...

The thing about 1000/month in text link advertising is that it is such a volatile market. Competition is ever-growing and maintaining that revenue could be difficult. If I were considering that as a value, I would need at least a 6 month guarantee of sustained revenue and even then I would discount the revenue to 35% in valuation unless the stream has been maintained for two years which is unlikely.

I would think that if you can find a buyer in the $7-9K range, I would snatch him up. I wouldn't take less if I were you, but I would probably not be willing to pay the money myself. That price range makes me extraordinarily skeptical. It's very easy to sell a site for under $500. It's pretty easy to sell one for under $1000. Higher than that and you are either lucky to find a buyer, or you are going to have to deal with a buyer that is going to require a lot of documentation, help with continual operation, and revenue guarantees or at least a strong history.

nevetS, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  16. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I think you would have a very hard time getting anything close to $10,000 for the site but it really depends on the source of the $1,000 a month from text links. The traffic or adsense isn't very high and if you take out the text links, you are looking at a valuation of about $1,000 imo.

The biggest drawback is that the site is so new and doesn't have an established revenue history. How many people are you dealing with for the text links? How much time is required to maintain the site? If any of the traffic bought? What is the NET revenue for the 5 months? Just too many variables to give any solid number without more detailed information.

mjewel, Apr 26, 2005 IP
  17. nikolaz

nikolaz Peon

Best Answers:
    2,500 Uniques/day
    ~100-150$/day AdSense revenue
    100% search engines traffic
    Site is new so PR is 0, but a lot of BLs according Y!

nikolaz, Apr 26, 2005 IP