1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website Analytics Problem and Technical Question

Discussion in 'Traffic Analysis' started by AshanMedia, Jan 25, 2012.

Hi, I have a few websites hosted on a single server at HostGator using the add-on domain function that they provide. I use Google Analytics and Jetpack site stats to keep track of the websites.

Yesterday, I saw a big spike in traffic for the site that I post on the most mainly due to a link from a Twitter account. This spike could be seen in Jetpack and Analytics. The problem is, one of the sites that hadn't been posted to had shown a traffic spike too, approximately 1.5x the size of the site previously mentioned.

I was wondering if maybe some of the traffic that was supposed to go to site #1 went to site #2 instead? Can this be a problem typically associated with hosting multiple websites on a single server or are the two events totally unrelated?

EDIT: As a side note, the traffic to site #2 was all direct except a few search terms and Facebook clicks that are typical of a regular no post day. Also pretty much all of the direct traffic is showing as unique visitors with a 97% bounce rate and an average time on site of under 7 seconds.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
    AshanMedia, Jan 25, 2012 IP