1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Website accessibility

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by RogerDale, May 5, 2015.

I've recently come across the idea of website accessibility in relation to disabled people. To be honest, I feel very ashamed that I had never thought about it before. I know that it's quite egoistic of me. Do you guys use any techniques to enhance your website accessibility? What do you think about this concept?

RogerDale, May 5, 2015 IP
  2. endual

endual Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's something that generally isn't thought about much (unless you're doing a govt website...) I'm pretty slack too. I tend to stick with ensuring alt text for images, larger fonts than a designer would use :) and checking sites in grey scale. This roughly covers people with sight issues and color blindness... Could do much more, but it's a start. You'd be best off looking through:

http://www.w3.org/standards/webdesign/accessibility

And starting where you can.

Hope that helps.

endual, May 6, 2015 IP
    H0stZealot likes this.
  3. Katherine Noto

Katherine Noto Member

Best Answers:
    Web accessibility means that people with disabilities can use the Web. More specifically, Web accessibility means that people with disabilities can perceive, understand, navigate, and interact with the Web,

Katherine Noto, May 12, 2015 IP