1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

webmastersestate.com for marketplace website??

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by ismail1907, Oct 23, 2013.

İ am working on a website which is maketplace for webmasters and i have domain for it "webmastersestate.com" what do u think about it?

ismail1907, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I am based in the US, and I read the url to be Webmasters Estate with the second word meaning either 1. a large property with multiple buildings, or 2. what assets are left after a person dies. There may be other definitions, but those are the two most common here, as far as I am aware. So, when I think of a Webmasters Estate, I am not exactly sure how to interpret that phrase or what you are trying to convey. When I think of an estate as in definition #1, that is usually a place for the wealthy to sit around in leisure while the servants get them drinks. When I think of Estate as in definition #2, it means that someone has died and his or her assets are being inherited or liquidated to pay debts, etc.

I suppose that you could try to brand the website as "Webmasters eState" which would imply something taking place on the web to do with the word "state." There are a number of definitions that apply to the word "state" but one of them is to "speak" so your site could be a place where webmasters "eState" or "speak" their price for a product or service.

Of course, other geographies migth find other meaning from this url. Good luck.

jrbiz, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  3. r3dt@rget

r3dt@rget Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with jrbiz, Webmasters Estate doesn't really fit in with the marketplace theme. I will add that it's pretty hard for me to see the name when I read webmastersestate.com. The 's' at the end of webmasters blends in with the word 'estate'. Rather than focus on keywords in your domain, try to find a name that is brand-able and unique.

r3dt@rget, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  4. ismail1907

ismail1907 Peon

Best Answers:
    ty for answers guys i have another question for u what about flippdom.com?

ismail1907, Oct 23, 2013 IP
  5. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Flippdom implies to me a website for "flipping" something. The "dom" would be looked at like the "dom" in "kingdom". In the U.S. the term "flipping" has been applied to real estate transactions lately (there are TV shows with that word in the title) in which buyers purchase a home, then fix it up, and sell it quickly for a profit. It can be used in a negative connotation in which someone buys a foreclosed home and then sells it for a profit without doing anything other than the legal transactions. It with the double "pp" in the word Flip, of course, you are coming close to the website flippa.com and they might not be happy about it, though I doubt that they could enforce trademark issues on this one.

Personally, I am not sure that I would want to buy a website that a webmaster is "flipping" (meaning he or she bought it, may or may not have made improvements and is now selling it at a profit.) It migth be an attractive idea to webmasters, however.

Another slight concern would be misspelling the url by leaving out the two "p's".

jrbiz, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  6. ismail1907

ismail1907 Peon

Best Answers:
    and dude what about veblo.com?)

ismail1907, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    veblo.com has no meaning or significance to me at all. So you will be free to brand it as you please. Of course, that will become the marketing and sales challenge as no one will know what it means when they see it. But that is what Google, Yahoo, eBay, Amazon, etc., did too.

jrbiz, Oct 24, 2013 IP
  8. ismail1907

ismail1907 Peon

Best Answers:
    i thought so because of that decided to buy it and thanks for your advices really tysm

ismail1907, Oct 24, 2013 IP