1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Webmasters and AdSense

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by NewComputer, Mar 11, 2005.

Anyone else here have clients who allow them to place AdSense ads on the sites they build? I have created a new site for a client, it went live about 3 days ago. I told the client "NOT" to click on the advertisements. I looked today and there were 15 clicks. The site is not indexed, so I am a little paranoid about what is going on. Any experiences?

NewComputer, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Interesting idea! I never thought of that revenue model...

Will.Spencer, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  3. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It works well, it can be hard to convince them, but I usually cut cost for long term gain. As long as the site is such that it will payoff. I thought everyone was doing this?

4. pg20706

pg20706 Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe your client is promoting the new site. As long as he/she didn't click on them, you should just relax.

pg20706, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  5. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    It isn't really a site to promote. It is more of a contact site with some info. I am not too worried. I just have had this with a few clients lately. They know what they sell, they see these ads, they think that maybe they can get their products for cheaper and they click on the ads... Maybe I assume too much.

6. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    Tell them that they will be charged for fraudulent clicks and put it in the electronic signing. Explain how it hurts you and its only for your protection.

david_sakh, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  7. www.AmCy.org

www.AmCy.org American CyberSpace®

Best Answers:
    I have a deal like this with 2 clients, in exchange I give them free web hosting on my server.

No problems with clicks though. Both clients with whom I have this deal have brick & mortar businesses and spend very little time online.

AmCy

www.AmCy.org, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  8. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    I thought about this and decided it's not my place to put ads that will detract from my customers business opportunity for me to make a few pennies or them for that matter. I will make more if they are successful and so can they.

Count me out, my customers pay me to get them traffic, not divert it.

However if your business is putting up 100 keyword rich html sites with ads, then hell yeah, let me put my ads there too!

noppid, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  9. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    I have contacted Google to let them know what I believe is happening. Better to alert them than be alerted by them.

As for not putting ads on your clients sites, these are businesses I know very little about, so for me to diversify myself to build sites about what they do would be nearly impossible. There are some that say no, and when they do, I charge them regular price. The ones that say yes, I mention the Co-op network second. It is hard to get them (the clients) to work with forums on their sites, most say no.

10. Tapanti

Tapanti Peon

Best Answers:
    The deal sounds really nice NC, but you're right in being nervous. Better safe than sorry.

Doesn't Google provide any way of displaying the ads in a "preview" mode?

I don't know how to do it, but it is obviously possible, as DP does it on the AdSense Sandbox Tool.

Any clue? :confused:

Tapanti, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  11. sji2671

sji2671 Self Made Mind

Best Answers:
    I too have thought of this seeing as I run and manage around 100 sites, however I would only do it if I could have numerous adsense accounts..which I can't. I am also getting used to some rather decent sized cheques from google and therefore I cannot trust "other" peoples websites with my code on it even if I did build them, I have no recourse or constant monitoring of these sites and just can't afford to have my account closed.

sji2671, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  12. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Actually if they have a static IP range/assignment I would simply hide the ads from even being shown to them or anyone on their IP range when they visit. Not 100% but certainly would help.

Mia, Mar 11, 2005 IP