1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Webmaster Forum

Discussion in 'Websites' started by phplduser, Jun 19, 2017.

Hi All DP Users,

It's a working progress, Not live yet but have switched the site to live just so it can be viewed, Lots to do...

https://webmastercommunityforum.com/

Best Regards
    J

phplduser, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I haven't been to a vbulletin forum for a while so it's interesting to see how they've evolved their product.

The structure of the forum is clear but there's a school of thought about not creating sub forums until you have the content to fill them. That takes a bit more work because you have to identify the new topics within the forum and then find the threads and move them but it stops the forum from having echo chambers.

Your biggest challenge, having got all set up, is giving people a reason to come to your forum over any of the other webmaster forums (including this one & stack exchange) that exist. That reason should smack people in the face when they hit your site. Lets say I google for an answer to some obscure question and in the SERPs there's a post on your forum. What am I going to see above/beside/below the thread that's going to stop me just getting the info I need and moving on? What will pique my curiosity and make me look around the site? or better still, make me register?

sarahk, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  3. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi sarahk,

Thank you for your advice and the review, Gives me alot to think about.

Best Regards
    J

4. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you can offer more and better than what is already available, then the destiny is going to be a fail.
    You probably could not have picked a worse niche to start a new forum in. The web is littered with 100's of failed webmaster forums.

Agent000, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Are you suggesting he didn't have a business plan or market research?

sarahk, Jun 19, 2017 IP
  6. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    probably

Agent000, Jun 19, 2017 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

I do like people that tell it how it is and get to the point, It gets me fired up!

8. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    community + forum in the domain name is bloated and unnecessary. you need a better domain name, if you want to use those keywords go with one or the other.

dcristo, Jun 20, 2017 IP
  9. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi dcristo,

Yes, The domain is rather long, I was looking for shorter name but in this day and age, Most of the good ones have already been registered.

Hi jainteq

Thank you.

Best Regards
    J

phplduser, Jun 20, 2017 IP
  10. heredia21

heredia21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I created one as well, also using vBulletin, your's is very similar but i'm targeting web hosting.

heredia21, Jun 20, 2017 IP
  11. phplduser

phplduser Member

Best Answers:
    Hi heredia,

Just took a look, How long have you been running your forum for?

Best Regards
    J

phplduser, Jun 20, 2017 IP
  12. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There is fierce competition in this area so you should find something that can make your forum stand out from others. Some regional forums stand out just because their forum use a regional language.

In the beginning when the forum is not big, you should fill it with popular questions people ask when it comes to webmaster issues. Give an easy explained answer to those questions. And this might give you good search engine results.

When people want an answer to something, they won't look at a list of forums and then use their search functions. This would of course be time consuming. Instead they will do a Google search and therefore you should work with being visible on the first page for some popular questions. When people then have landed on your forum, you should find out what to do in order to have them there rather than them reading the solution to their issue and then bounce out.

MrKing01, Jul 21, 2017 IP