1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Webmaster Community for SALE!

Discussion in 'Sites' started by jfontestad, Jan 1, 2005.

Site: http:// wm-community.com
    This site and everything on this site is for sale. Why? Due to the time shortage I have with school and all and the need for some money to help pay school this semester. I was waiting for the PR update in hope that I'd get a PR5 or somewhere's around there, but it didn't happen, it went from a 2 to a 3. I really haven't promoted the website or anything and I've only been having it for about 3 months now. The tools here are custom made to fit the website and my needs and wants and are pretty easy to adapt to any other website. I think I read that one should ask for a years income + time and effort put into the site, so I guess I'm looking for something in the XXXX.XX range if anyone wants to make an offer. The tools alone should be worth somewheres around there in the low XXXX.XX I believe. There are 5 tools all written in PHP, one I haven't released, but it checks PR across multiple datacenters, it checks Backlinks across multiple datacenters and it checks the number of indexed pages across multiple datacenters (all in Google). It can be broken up into 3 different tools if you know what you're doing. Then there are the other tools which are listed at the top of each forum page.
    I also make $70/month for 2 advertising spots I have, so that's $840/year right there.
    As I said I never really promoted the website. I'm sure that if someone with time and knowledge of SEO promotes it, it will be a huge success + with the tools available you should have tons of visitors.
    This month it has had 4400+ uniques, last month it had 4357 unique visits and as I said I've never really promoted the website nor its tools, so the potential is there.
    Serious offers will be taken into consideration, help to move the website will be given. Any questions or offers please PM me.
    Regards,
    J Fontestad
    SEMrush

jfontestad, Jan 1, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. UKZJ007

UKZJ007 Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why would someone offer a 4 digit figure for a site that gets so few visitors?

UKZJ007, Jan 1, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    A couple thousand bucks is not a lot of money for a site, the design work and the programming are worth that :confused:

anthonycea, Jan 1, 2005 IP
  4. UKZJ007

UKZJ007 Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah, Probably the programming ...

*hits back to cyber-reality* - I've seen some design companies charge like what, $50,000 for a site design ... so I guess maybe not ... :p

UKZJ007, Jan 1, 2005 IP
  5. jfontestad

jfontestad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yep,
    You would be getting all sources to the tools and if you're an SEO the sources themselves can be very valuable and it's a great domain name and has a small monthly income of $70 a month.
    I just don't have the time to cater to the website anymore and on top of that I really need the money to help pay my upcoming semester for school. As I said before I've never really promoted it, so with the proper advertising it can be a huge success.
    I currently have had ONE offer for $1,000. So please if you're interested contact me or if you want to Buy It Now that can be arranged also if the price is right.

jfontestad, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why not put it on eBay?

$1,000.00 is a give away, I would hold out and keep the site if that is all you are being offered. I can understand needing money, but why give it away?

anthonycea, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  7. jfontestad

jfontestad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I'm not selling if I only get this one bid, but I was thinking of it more as a start. Hopefully better offers will come, but I'm deffinately not letting it for a $1,000.

Anyone know of any other places (besides eBay) where I can advertise the selling of the site? Where potential buyers will be.

jfontestad, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  8. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Contact Rusty Brick at www.seroundtable.com, he may be able to give you some direction or some PR over there.

ForumZone.com may be another place.

You can also go to the www.phpBB.com or vbulletin.com sites and leave some info there.

anthonycea, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  9. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Webmaster-Talk.com seems to really have an active buying/selling community on the times Ive stopped by there.

schlottke, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  10. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I doubt you will get more than 1k for a site that has only been online for 3 months and has a PR3. You can't ask for a years revenue when you get it from selling some ads. What happens if that person doesn't want to advertise any more? Then the owner would have to go through all the fuss of looking for new advertisers.

You should grab those $1,000 and run... or wait at least another 9 months before you try to sell the site.

fryman, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  11. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    PR3 being up 3 months doesnt have anything to really do with the price- if he is ranked well and has quality tools that people use, its another story.

12. a389951l

a389951l Must Create More Content

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Do you have a BIN in mind?

a389951l, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  13. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Well, schlottke, I guess you aren't involved in the business... I've been buying and selling sites for a long time and know pretty much about this. I've sold sites at Ebay with nice success, but I now stick to a few forums that are dedicated to this. Ebay people ask hundreds of questions, you need to be wiling to answer dozens of mails before and after you sell the site, it is just a plce full of total newbies that don't know what a domain even is. Forums are good, but you need to know which ones to post on. Most of them are full of people with no more than $200 bucks in their pockets. I am a member of a very good forum where the big fish swim around... and I hope to sell one of my sites for 15k in a few months over there...

What people want when they are looking to buy as site:
    * Profits
    * Traffic
    * Age of site

They don't care if you paid $500 for your logo, or if you have a state-of-the-art webmaster tool. They want to know how the site makes money and how much. And the golden rule of this business: "Potential is a bunch of bull s*it."

Not saying that it is impossible to sell this site for over 1k, but it will be difficult. I wish him the best and hope he soon finds a buyer. :D

fryman, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  14. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    It doesn't take a genius to look at a site and tell whether its worth money or not, so even though I'm not "involved in the business" I'm pretty sure I can figure out what a domain is worth.

In his case, no- I wouldn't pay 1,000 for the site, but your comments were these:

"that has only been online for 3 months and has a PR3."

That is what I was making an arguement with.

Using Shawn as an example, have a look at this PR0 site that has been up for only a few months...

http://www.digitalpoint.com/~shawn/ebay_registration.php

Is that worth $1,000?

"Potential is a bunch of bull s*it."

Shawn's Keyword Tracker opened with a PR0 and not a huge amount of traffic- was the potential of the BS also?

I think you're over-estimating yourself Fryman.

"Forums are good, but you need to know which ones to post on. Most of them are full of people with no more than $200 bucks in their pockets. I am a member of a very good forum where the big fish swim around... and I hope to sell one of my sites for 15k in a few months over there..."

So instead of bragging, or whatever you call this, why not help the guy by guiding him towards these forums? You are coming off as quite a braggart, and it doesn't seem like you have all that much to brag about.

15. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Yeah... problem is that the net is full of people like you, that think that they can take a look at a site and out of nowhere put a price for it... those people flood the forums selling their sites for ridiculous prices that no one ever pays.

Although I don't quite understand your babbling or what Shawn's ebay page has to do with this... you can't use something created by Shawn as an example. Anything he creates is backed up by his long history of sites. If shawn creates some tool tomorrow, people will say "hey, this thing was created by the owner of Digitalpoint, so it must be good". His reputation backs him up.

But, as I said, this is something you need to learn about, I've been studying this for over a year now, so no use for me to waste my time having an argument, I'll just move on... see ya...

fryman, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  16. schlottke

schlottke Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    If you would have sat down and read through the post instead of opening your mouth again, you might have actually learned something Fryman. I understand with your extensive year of studying you think you know everything but...

The fact is potential does matter and tools (if they are quality) are worth money.

* Profits <-- and POTENTIAL profit are the only two factors that matter.

* Traffic <-- What does traffic really have to do with anything when you know how much money the site is profiting?

* Age of site <-- If the site is making 10,000 a month and its a quality product being sold, why would age matter?

schlottke, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  17. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First off, potential is all you have with a business that only takes in $ 70.00 a month and you can not base the value of something this new on cash flow.

What he is selling is programming, design, good will and traffic.

How does anyone know what that traffic is worth? To the right guy that sells e-books to webmasters even a small amount of unique visitors can have great value.

$1,000.00 is nothing for this site and Fryman knows this. I can understand doing analysis on cash flow to determine the value of a business, but with little or no cash flow you can not apply that factor here.
    Is Google worth 60 Billion with only 1.5 Billion in sales Fryman, they are being valued on their potential by the stock market, are they not?

Like Jacob said Fryman, tell the guy about this "big fish forum" or are you holding back from us here?

Do you want us to hold back on you when you need help Fryman? Be nice Fryman, I have asked this of you many times in the last week or so. I can understand attacking someone if they have wronged you, but what has this guy done to you?

You are our friend Fryman, so start acting like one, OK?

anthonycea, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  18. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    another hi jacked thread. anyways...a site is worth what someone is willing to pay for it depending on who the buy is and how he can benefit from it.
    I'm sure there is a company somewhere out there which would say "this site is exactly what is missing in our business".

Find that company and you may be surprised!

Blogmaster, Jan 3, 2005 IP
  19. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I agree with Fryman, I was interested but as he says the advertising can be pulled at anytime and there goes what little income there is.
    Also in the last three days there have been 4 posts, three by me and one replying to me. Seems there are about 1/2 a dozen regulars. Nothing happening there.

The only reason people are signing up is to use the free tools.....how long will they remain relevant.
    I don't know the value of the tools but can see that is what people are visiting for however it looks like they are using the tools only and not the forum .

I have had a look at some other sites and apart from a couple of established ones with over 100k uniques a week the highest asking price was $1250.00 for a forum with triple the membership and number of posts. Can't remember the number of uniques.

Having said that, and because Anthony says it is valuable :D and there must be some value for the tools I am prepared to make a serious offer of $1200.00 for the website as advertised. That is my one and only offer as I won't get involved in an auction.

Yes or No.......

Cyclops.

Cyclops, Jan 3, 2005 IP