1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Webdesigner using our design of site for someone in the same industry?!?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by thesaddleryshop, Jul 10, 2006.

Am I being over dramatic, or do you think this is bad- the guy who helped design our site (well, we told him what we wanted!) has since buit one for another customer in the same trade with striking similarities!! To top it all, they have then blatently copied paragraphs of our terms and conditions!!! What do you reakon?
    www.thesaddleryshop.co.uk (our website)
    www.bridleways-saddlery.com

Not sure if i am being paranoid :confused: or if I should do something about it?

thesaddleryshop, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  2. Rage

Rage Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    can you point out that where he is using your text and design ?

i cant see anything Same,,, the layout is bit same but that is because both sites are created in e-commerce!

Rage, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  3. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    They are both using oscommerce which is an off the shelf free shopping cart, so they are BOUND to be similar.

As for the T&C did you write them or did he?

Old Welsh Guy, Jul 10, 2006 IP
  4. thesaddleryshop

thesaddleryshop Guest

Best Answers:
    I wrote it myself, not the designer. What they have done is copy bits, change the odd word if I'm lucky- you can tell this as the font is different than the rest of the page (and in one place there is an asterix like we have at the end of a sentence but no additional information underneath...) Looks wise it is silly thinkg like they have copied teh flashing logos, the rounded box edges and other things we had him do specially for us- I suppoose it is not close enough though is it :( We have removed his link at the bottom of the page now so hopefuly it won't happen agan with him......
    I know it seems petty, but when you put your all into something and it is your sole livelyhood, it is a kick in th teeth when someone tries to emulate you without putting the effort into it!!

thesaddleryshop, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  5. Old Welsh Guy

Old Welsh Guy Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hang on, it is not petty at all. If he has used stuff you paid him to do for you then THAT is wrong! Also I would contact them and tell them they have breached copyright and you insist they remove the offending material or you will file a DMCA report with google and their host and get the site removed.

Old Welsh Guy, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  6. daboss

daboss Guest

Best Answers:
    honestly, it wouldn't even have crossed my mind that they are similar... in fact i believe there are lots of site having a 3 column layout with highlight items in the center column... ;)

daboss, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  7. Judd

Judd Active Member

Best Answers:
    Judd, Jul 11, 2006 IP
  8. thesaddleryshop

thesaddleryshop Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the input :)

thesaddleryshop, Jul 12, 2006 IP