1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web Video player which plays certain directory and subdirs

Discussion in 'Programming' started by postcd, Apr 15, 2014.

Hello,

on my webserver i have publicly accessible directory with some movies and mp3s - http:// server.com/media

i know there are html codes to show web media player. But i want to ask how to achieve that i will be able to easilly select & play any media file from my media directory and its subdirectories.

Any already made script which just grabs and plays media from set directory and subdirectories? Thank you

postcd, Apr 15, 2014 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    This is fairly simple - however, depending on the encoding of the media files, you'll probably either need a Flash-based player (or equivalent), or reencoding the movies (at least) to be able to use HTML 5s video player functionality on most browsers. It all depends on how complicated you want it. A simple index.php which scrapes the directory for media files (movies and music) and lists them in a select box for instance, and when you chose one it plays... fairly simple.

PoPSiCLe, Apr 15, 2014 IP