1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web Scraping for Fun and Profit!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by nerdtimez, Feb 16, 2015.

Hi guys,

Web scraping is where a program automatically extracts specific data from a web-page e.g. a bot that goes to an auction website, and clicks on each listing on each page of results, and then saves the price and title and url of each item to an excel file

I've been doing a lot of high-volume web-scraping as part of an internship and was wondering if anyone can think of profitable uses of these kinds of techniques.

I'm a computer science student finishing an internship in finance and would love to be able to make some extra cash on the side using my programming skillz.

I don't have an internet marketing background (my friend said someone here may find these kinds of techniques useful) but would love to team up with someone where I can provide scraped data and we can work out some kind of deal or something

Peace!

nerdtimez, Feb 16, 2015 IP
  2. crowland

crowland Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can sell your web scraping services on outsourcing websites like odesk.com and freelancer.com

Good luck!

crowland, Feb 19, 2015 IP