1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web Hosting

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by danielle, Jun 19, 2005.

I am setting up a new hosting company and am doing some market research, what I want to know is what do you, webmaster want from a hosting package, how much space, bandwidth and add-on domains. this is the sort stuff I want to know. also how much would you pay for a hosting package. Also should I do tailor made hosting packages?

Some idea I had was to offer unlimited everything for $49.99 per month is this right should I put the price up?

Tell me what you think.

danielle, Jun 19, 2005 IP
  2. Colleen

Colleen Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Good God.

First of all, your signature is still messed up despite multiple efforts from members here to show you how to fix it.

Second, there is no such thing as unlimited everything with hosting, that's false advertising. No such thing as unlimited space and bandwidth, unmetered, YES, unlimited, NO. If you decide to offer unmetered then you run the risk of shutting all your clients down or severly slow load times.

Third, I think hosting is a bad industry to get started in, there are so many hosting companies, and it's very hard to do well unless you have a very good plan, and the dough to put into the advertising to get it out there.

Fourth, what I look for in a host, to start, honesty, not dirt cheap prices, which equal dirt cheap service. Good support, cpanel, mysql, php, etc.

Colleen, Jun 19, 2005 IP