1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web host breaking the TOS ! Google doesn't care?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by crizatu, Sep 18, 2005.

1. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    Big budget? Well, i do but for most people it's around $50 - $500 per week. If this host displays adsense on a few sites related to your theme, you're gonna get sucked your cash in a few hours only...what happens if it's while you sleep...or making love? :p ;)

Any way, i'm out of this thread. Getting a weird feeling that i'm having to justify myself here, bleh!

webmistress, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  2. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    I just want to know if its ok so I can do it on my sites ....

ferret77, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  3. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    No You Can't Goddamit!!!

webmistress, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  4. ferret77

ferret77 Heretic

Best Answers:
    not the center pop up, the sliding div that comes from the top

that looks kind of all right

ferret77, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  5. SEMWorld

SEMWorld Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't get it, if they reported that site weeks ago and it's still going, then it must be ok to use this technique. I mean this person discovered a neat way to make adsense ads stick out a bit more and hopefully make some more money. Why try to smother someone innovating and thinking up new techniques that are obviously working and are not against TOS. Maybe the ads sliding into the center are one thing but for sure they're not a popup and Google not acting on this account does tell us something ... they're like an animated ad not a popup. It's a new type thing or technique someone thought up. Popups are one thing this is another. We know popups are against the TOS but this seems more of a legit ad that falls into place on the website and becomes part of it.

SEMWorld, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  6. TheBrokenOne

TheBrokenOne Peon

Best Answers:
    I nearly clicked an ad just trying to move it out of the way, it was obsuring a link on the website behind it. I can see an extremely high CTR generated with that technique....would be tempted to use it if it wasn't against TOS, seems like a grey area that one.

TheBrokenOne, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  7. SEMWorld

SEMWorld Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder if it didn't drop the ad on links and in a clear spot on the page if it would be 100%+ legit. I bet this falls under google editor opinion and can go either way. I'm going to pay VERY :eek: close attention to this one!

SEMWorld, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  8. badkolo

badkolo Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah the only thing that i see that could be problematic is the fact that the moving adsense ad falls on top of some words and a link. But if it did move into its own empty space where ansense box should be then like the poster above said this has to be 100% legit.

The best thing we can do is contact the site owner and tell him to try it out by having the same technique but having the final placemnt of the moving ad to fall into an empty ad spot instead of on top words and a link.

wow this guy is genius if you think about.

As a matter of fact this is even better then the idea that everyone here uses of having images above the ads which seems to work very well.
    Im sure google will aprove this technique just like they did the images.

badkolo, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  9. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google usually waits until close to the end of a month before they disable accounts. They also may observe and get more data about the people behind it. - Nothing to worry.

Arnie, Sep 18, 2005 IP
  10. crizatu

crizatu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am surprised that some adsense publishers here think/hope that tehnique is within TOS.

crizatu, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  11. Interlogic

Interlogic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I have to say I am surprised anyone would want to implement it as a popup style layer..

I can understand why someone would want to have their ads slide into their normal fixed position in a layer to help reduce ad blindness.. Then again I wouldn't want it on my site, I think that kinda flying page parts can look very gimicky myself.

Interlogic, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  12. Gede

Gede Peon

Best Answers:
    Gede, Sep 19, 2005 IP
  13. webmistress

webmistress Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm sure they will. Why don't you try it! :D

webmistress, Sep 19, 2005 IP