1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web directory link removal

Discussion in 'Directories' started by bluemouse2, Jun 25, 2012.

1. silencer

silencer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Beware: It was SER who began the whole "link pruning" debacle in the first place! They created a blog post stating that 50% of directories were de-indexed, based on a ridiculous post that some moron made on WMW. There wasn't any evidence of course, and when they finally did look at it all, they found that only 1.3% of a sampling of 65 directories (that represents 1 directory) was de-indexed. Does that seem like directories are being de-indexed to you? --- Bear in mind that Stoner and I concur on what actually constitutes a directory, and 99% of the ones being discussed in the solicitations forum on DP, AREN'T directories.

It's smoke and mirrors. If you fall for it, then you'll soon be wearing a conical hat with a big D on it :)

silencer, Jul 4, 2012 IP
  2. rehash

rehash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Beside directory removal requests, I got a request from someone who first comment spammed a blog and somehow a comment got approved and now he tries to pay me to remove that comment because he thinks it's harming his google traffic.

rehash, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  3. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Too funny. I love it. Hope you never take it down. Maybe you should have him 'make' a few more comments too. :p

YMC, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  4. johnedwards01

johnedwards01 Peon

Best Answers:
    penguin also hit my blog what i can do?

johnedwards01, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  5. stoner3221

stoner3221 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Make your blog better in content and quality.

stoner3221, Jul 5, 2012 IP
  6. jewelraz

jewelraz Active Member

Best Answers:
    May be they have been told that your site is on the penguin list or their site got slapped by penguin now they are very suspicious about their previous link building techniques. So they want you to remove their links. You can remove a certain amount of links in daily basis. But it's up to you.

jewelraz, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  7. arshid

arshid Peon

Best Answers:
    This is seo world expect anything anytime, as for as this rumor is concerned it needs to be vanished asap , we need to prove that this is just s**t......
    I am collecting as many info on this rumor and will prove it that it is crap...............

arshid, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  8. scoopy82

scoopy82 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Especially when they make the request from some gmail addy.

I find it silly that these webmasters are so quick to point their fingers at others and quickly jump to the conclusion that they need to get all these links deleted. If we really read that email sent by Google it states,
    I get these letters every day now for the past few months... yet my directory hasn't been de-indexed. I also do not take any money for submissions nor participate in any link schemes. So why blame my directory?

Let's look at another line in Google's email:
    We know what is going to happen then... don't we? The site in question will just get another email stating that all unnatural links have not been removed.

We are just pawns and this is just Google's way to get us to do their dirty work to clean up their own spammy index problems.

scoopy82, Jul 11, 2012 IP