1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web Developer/Website Owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by AdConjure, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello, I'm new to DP. I've been developing since I was 10 years old. I'm 28 now. I've never been to school for computers or internet, heck I've never been to college at all. That doesn't slow me down though, I'm very talented at what I do and provide for my family very well.

I'm hoping to meet like minded individuals through DP, seeing as I haven't been to school for my career path and that I work from home, it's hard to meet people that understand what I do.

I love writing with php, js/jquery, I use mysql mostly but also elasticsearch and other database types when the situation calls for them. Like most developers, I can tinker in pretty much any coding language.

I've owned blogs, file hosts, audio social networks, but this year I have moved into advertising.

AdConjure, Dec 17, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
  3. AdConjure

AdConjure Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot! I've already found my way into the programming section, trying to help a little in the js/php sections!

AdConjure, Dec 17, 2015 IP
    qwikad.com and Webcenter like this.
  4. Kenya Writer

Kenya Writer Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand you @AdConjure. The good thing about IT is that you don't have to go to school to learn although many people in my country think that sitting in a classroom is necessary. I can tell you from experience that close to 90% of what you learn in school is theoretical, making school look almost like a waste of time.

I am a web developer; I write PHP, jQuery, MySQLi, and PDO, and I have learned all these from the comfort of my home. I have been in college for the last three years, and I can tell you that there is no such thing real IT course in schools. Or maybe this is a case only for my country; I don't know about other countries.

It's all about using your brains, not college books.

Kenya Writer, Dec 17, 2015 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.