1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web design

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by somen123, Jul 28, 2014.

I want to learn Web design.So,what things I should learn?

somen123, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  2. Ana-NETCreator

Ana-NETCreator Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You need to learn at least HTML and CSS. You should also learn JavaScript and PHP for automation.

Ana-NETCreator, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I would focus on a CMS that you want to get experience with. It's hard to sell designs that are plain html - you'll get more success by targeting wordpress, joomla, oscommerce etc. In order to do so you'll need to get a basic level of PHP as well as html and css.

sarahk, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  4. yagnik

yagnik Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm agree with above both.
    First go with @Ana-NETCreator . When you will get some basic knowledge, then do as @sarahk suggestion.
    And never forget to learn JQuery. It will help you to learn designing in such a different way from css3.

yagnik, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  5. Axel Hardy

Axel Hardy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Begin with the HTML language, then CSS. Both of them are really easy to understand and to learn. Practice them by creating some test websites until you get the bases. Then, try to learn Javascript with jQuery so that it will be easier for you to understand. There are a lot of good tutorials for these 3 first languages. It will take you some time & efforts before you'll be able to make some good things, but we all started like that ;-) !

Axel Hardy, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  6. Veer#

Veer# Member

Best Answers:
    You can do either two things.

1. Learn programming languages like HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript etc

2. Try installing a forum or WordPress site and play with it. You will learn things by your own. Use WAMP if you do not want to spend money and get a real life environment.

Veer#, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  7. somen123

somen123 Member

Best Answers:
    Can you suggest me some good books on web designing?

somen123, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  8. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    malky66, Jul 28, 2014 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  9. Gihan

Gihan Member

Best Answers:
    Well first of all Good Luck.!

first learn HTML and CSS is essential for designing the mockup. (knowledge in JavaScript will help to improve your skills)
    if you can spend more time, try twitter bootstrap. easy and fast.. but it is bit advance for a beginner.
    then learn PHP for web development. you should have fair knowledge in JavaScript as well when moving to Web-development.

Gihan, Jul 29, 2014 IP
  10. sparkle92

sparkle92 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure whether you want to learn web design or web development, these are very different things and learning any programming language like the people above suggested will NOT make you a web designer. To become a web designer you need to research the following topics: "core design principles", "working with grids", "color schemes", "typography", "design psychology", "UI design" (which is a whole separate subject by itself).

All these things are skills you need to become a web designer, and you also need creativity and talent. Not everybody can become a good web designer, but most can become web developers. A web developer assembles graphic elements provided by a designer to create an actual working website.

You can be both a web designer and a developer, which is quite efficient.

Languages you need to learn as a beginner web developer are HTML5, CSS3 (along with LESS, SASS), javascript (along with jQuery) and PHP (this one is the most complicated one and is used with the rest in many occasions, but you will not need it much for simple websites). Learning those languages will give you the ability to work with any CMS and code templates, no-cms html websites and if you master PHP and the frameworks available out there, you can pretty much create anything you want.

Good luck!

sparkle92, Jul 30, 2014 IP
  11. supernal

supernal Member

Best Answers:
    You will need fundamentals, which are HTML and CSS. That will give you a solid but basic site. From there you would want to learn javascript and jquery and potentially Flash, though I would stray from this last one and focus more on the Java languages.

You can start by taking this beginner's HTML and CSS course at CodeAcademy: http://www.codecademy.com/tracks/web

You can learn Javascript and JQuery there as well.

supernal, Aug 1, 2014 IP
  12. gesteves

gesteves Member

Best Answers:
    As a lot of people already mentioned here, start with HTML and CSS. There are some websites that will help you learn it in a fun and easy way. codeacademy.com for example has some good classes for starters and it even has some projects where you can learn and build some simple but great looking websites. Try a google search as I am sure there are a ton more resources to learn from, search for some youtube tutorial videos as well.

gesteves, Aug 2, 2014 IP
  13. kewlmaniya

kewlmaniya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you to see basic of website developement on w3schools , this will help you getting the basic concept , then try to get enrolled in udacity or coursera there are lots of program for backend development . Tuttplus is again a good plateform

kewlmaniya, Aug 6, 2014 IP