1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web Design Mood Board

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by toolman, Mar 4, 2018.

Hi there,

I am applying for a web designer job and have been asked to put together a mood board of my design influences. I've not really made a mood board before, so I wanted to ask for advice on what sort of things I should put on it? Also, do I annotate the items on there?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

toolman, Mar 4, 2018 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I've been programming for forty years, doing web development for near on half that, fifteen of that professionally.

What the f*** is a "mood board"?!? *** GOOGLES IT ***

Oh, artsy fartsy halfwitted bandwidth wasting BULL that is the antithesis of sane and rational design, meant entirely to piss on usability, accessibility, and delivery of content to users -- most likely popular amongst marketers and scam artists attempting to dump a can of shellac on a pile and buff it to a fine sheen.

My advice? Run. Anyone asking for that probably isn't someone you want to work for; more interested in scamming site owners than building useful productive user interfaces; in a "WCAG, what's that then?!?" kind of way.

Though my "design influences" would probably piss them off, given I hold up sites like craigslist, amazon, ebay, and google search as examples of good design, and 99% of the incompetent trash at awwwards as laundry lists of how NOT to build a website. Goes with paying attention to accessibility guidelines, usability studies by places like nnGroup, and actually focusing on what's REALLY important on a website -- delivering content to users.

Dimes to dollars said company is the same type of place that is under the DELUSION that Photoshop is a design tool.

deathshadow, Mar 4, 2018 IP
  3. jainteq

jainteq Member

Best Answers:
    such a very nice information...

jainteq, Mar 14, 2018 IP