1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web design critique and advice?

Discussion in 'Design' started by meowzer, Dec 12, 2017.

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a blog design and so far I have the basic layout for the posts and pages.

Here’s what it looks like: https://imgur.com/a/xeljK (sorry I can't link)

I only have the design in Photoshop, so I don't have a live link to share. I'm looking for advice on the design specifically, so I can polish it. Could anyone give me some pointers, specifically when it comes to spacings, font sizes, and line heights?

Is the title font too big? What about the line heights? Are the elements too cluttered, and where should I add some white space?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    meowzer, Dec 12, 2017 IP
  2. Root Case

Root Case Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Image missing.

Root Case, Dec 12, 2017 IP
  3. meowzer

meowzer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks, it won't let me link! Here it is though: https://imgur.com/a/xeljK

meowzer, Dec 12, 2017 IP
  4. bobocheez

bobocheez Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hard to read the logo.
    The share buttons blend in and don't stand out very well. Perhaps add their respective colors as simple square backgrounds.
    It's a bit monotoned with the orange/peach coloring against white. Even if you're going for a minimalist-ish design. It's ok to make it as the primary accent, but have a green plant or something in the background of that cat image.

The font spacing and layout is on point.

bobocheez, Dec 14, 2017 IP
  5. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    It is VERY hard to guage "too big" from a screenshot; I would say MOST of your text is in fact too small, but that would hinge on if you are using dynamic (% or EM) font sizes like a good little doobie, or pissing on accessibility from orbit by declaring font-size in pixels. In general there are some things in the design that reek of "Fixed width pixel layout" but without seeing the page live, it's hard to say if that is actually an issue that needs to be addressed.

deathshadow, Dec 15, 2017 IP
  6. AdamUK

AdamUK Member

Best Answers:
    menu text and logo looks to small.
    Is it mobile responsive? something to think about.
    my advice don't waste to much time on designing get some great content on there!

AdamUK, Dec 31, 2017 IP