1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Web C3 Programmer File Import to Database

Discussion in 'Programming' started by adacprogramming, Dec 22, 2014.

I would like:
    1) the price you will charge to do this work.
    2) When you would be able to start
    3) How long it would take you

I will give you access to a duplicated database that you can tie to for testing. You will need to put the web page on your own hosting for development and for me to test. I will pay when I am satisfied with the work, afterwords you will send me the program files.

I will take the files you give me and add them to my site and incorporate the sites design.

The short Description. Using a webpage to be hosted on my server. I want a client to be able to upload a tab delimited list of cars (with about 14 - 20 pieces of data / fields per car), and compare that to the cars that are already in a database (comparing the Vin or the stock number) and add, delete or update the database as needed using the data from the list. There will need to be some modification of the data so that the data remains consistent.

The page will be a web page written in aspx

The long Description:

Steps.

1) Allow client to upload a file from their computer. The file will be a tab delimited list of cars, each car will have about 14 data items i.e. make, model, year, etc

2) parse list

3)connect to a database and get the list of cars for a particular dealer (vin or stock num).

4)Compare the two lists and from that create three car lists that will be displayed to the user to confirm before committing to the database. The list for each section with first go back to the database and get a few pieces of info to help the client identify the car i.e. year, make, model, color.

1) Cars that are not on the list but are in the database - remove from database

2)Cars that are on the list that are not in the database - add to database

3) Cars that are both in the database and the list - Update the database fields for each car using the data from the uploaded list.

The person will confirm which cars to perform the action to, likely by a check box by each car. Likely the check box would be checked by default and the person would uncheck it if they do not want the operation to happen for that car.

The person would then click the perform update button and the code would make all the database adds, deletes and updates.

For step 4, some of the basic data would be shown for each car, like inventory number, make model, year etc so that the person could recognize the vehicle and decide if they want to perform the action or not.

The data will need to have some modifications made to it before it could be added into the database. I can give you an asp file that contains all the modifications. I currently have this exact page running on the site in ASP (but with only one possible data source), I want it converted to aspx.

I will need to be able to upload (at this time) files from two different sources. Each source would give the same (or similar) data in a different order. For example.

Row 1, field 1 - Dealer name

Row 1, field 2 - year

Row 1, field 3 - make

Row 1, field 4 - model

Where the second data source might have an order like

Row 1, field 1 - year

Row 1, field 2 - make

Row 1, field 3 - model

Row 1, field 4 - Dealer

The person uploading the file would check a box to show which source they are getting the data from and the code would process the data accordingly. In time I may need to add additional data sources.

adacprogramming, Dec 22, 2014 IP
  2. Javed iqbal

Javed iqbal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi Sir,
    You did not mention which Database will be used and also send me files i will check, also i donot aspx hosting, i will use your hosting if you agree then add me on skype javed3iqb

Thanks,
    Javed

Javed iqbal, Dec 24, 2014 IP