1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by The Way We Were, Sep 28, 2018.

Im looking at setting up a niche website, but unsure which business model to take. For the purposes of e-commerce, is your traditional web store the way to go. Or is setting up a niche social network with an e-commerce element added on for me to sell my products?

Are people only interested in using a e-commerce store to purchase goods. And leave any social networking to the likes of Facebook etc? Or is online shopping becoming more of a socially interactive experience?

The Way We Were, Sep 28, 2018 IP
  2. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you choose a niche related then you must put products from your related niche

Spartan14, Sep 29, 2018 IP
  3. Promote Pro

Promote Pro Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    I see what your saying. I believe customers do like to socially interact on the platform they are purchasing from. Using Facebook is the way most people do it. I would suggest the element and turn your store into a social community.

Promote Pro, Oct 1, 2018 IP
  4. Konnock

Konnock Member

Best Answers:
    These days more and more people use Instagram for e-commerce. You can promote your page using specialized bots, gain more targeted audience. You can send auto DM to all new or existing followers in order to let them know your latest news. Moreover you can do giveaways asking people to tag some of their friends in comments and mention your page in their stories in order to participate in a giveaway. That's one more way how to find new subscribers.

Konnock, Oct 4, 2018 IP
  5. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The question is weirdly worded...

If e-commerce is defined as a web site that sells goods (ie. Walmart.com, Target.com) then I don't think people use those sites for social interaction. However, on Amazon.com there are Reviews, Questions & Answers which sparks social interaction but the primary objective is to purchased searched product.

If you are on a social interaction web site (ie. facebook, instagram, etc) your objective is to interact socially or at least observe others social interaction. You aren't on these sites to purchase goods. However, with clever niche marketing you can redirect traffic to a site for a ecommerce transaction.

I don't get your question... if you're designing a web site just to sell items you won't get social interaction but you can market on social media. If you are designing a web site for social you most likely won't get ecommerce transactions unless your items for sale directly relate to the niche of the social interaction.

What are you asking?

NetStar, Oct 7, 2018 IP
  6. SaleSmith

SaleSmith Peon

Best Answers:
    To safe time, select a fast idea for your online business. I mean the idea that is implemented during the month. When you will understand online business, you can implement more complex ideas.

SaleSmith, Oct 8, 2018 IP
  7. Mehta

Mehta Active Member

Best Answers:
    He is asking which of these two are more likely consumer (to be precise, website visitor) behaviors today.

Mehta, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The OP doesn't know what he's asking as that still would not make sense.

NetStar, Oct 12, 2018 IP
  9. craigimass

craigimass Member

Best Answers:
    If it was that easy, everyone would be doing it. And they are. Which means you can't make any money in it.

The Internet has become one big SCAM engine. Many people cannot understand the basics, but let me try some simple explanations.

1. You see a site advertised as "first ranking on Google" or you pay a firm that advertises to get you on the first page of google.
    BUT, do you even think for a minute that thousands of firms are offering thousands of customers the same service for the exact same words? Only 10 (or whatever number) can be on the first page. THINK.

2. The basic rule of economics means that things which are easy end up being worth almost nothing. Look at Fivver - you really can get stuff done for $5-$20. Years ago the same services would have cost 100's or thousands. The money comes out of the pocket of all the businesses that were created on making the higher wages...

3. The same is true with virtually all online advertising and affiliates. In a general sense, the "lucky and the cheaters" win - someone may have millions of views on their youtube channel or similar and, for a short while, make big bucks. But then the Affiliate company decides to take on 10's of thousands of other Affiliates, diluting your possibilities and earnings.

Anyway, there is a start.

A real answer would be this. The idea niche web site would be started and grown without even the slightest care for income of any kind. It would develop and only if and when it became very popular would the decision(s) of income come into play.

craigimass, Oct 27, 2018 IP