1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Web Bid Directory - Great Revenue

Discussion in 'Sites' started by Spider-Man, Jun 17, 2009.

For sale, due to current economy, is my bid directory. I am starting the bidding at a very low $10 to cover domain transfer costs.

Domain & Directory History

The domain itself is almost 4 years old. I originally had it registered at GoDaddy, when I asked NameScout to transfer the domain, they screwed up and the domain was released - thankfully I managed to snap it back up as soon as they accidentally let it drop, almost 18 months ago. The directory has been live for 18 months and after 6 months was a strong PageRank 6, in the Q4 2008 PR update, the directory fell to PR4. The latest PR update a few weeks ago dropped the PR to 0. The domain still gets natural traffic (Google, Live and Yahoo mainly) so may be has had a PR penalty but not a ranking penalty. The domain is registered with NameScout until January 2010.

Revenue

The directory has achieved over $1700 in bids with 187 bids, 229 total bids (ie. 34 repeat customers) (See attached image)

Traffic

Traffic has always been pretty good for a bid directory. I originally marketed like crazy for the first 3 or 4 months and regularly had over 200 daily uniques visitors. Now it averages around 70-80 unique visitors per day.

Expenses

The site has largely been very low cost to run - zero marketing costs (all marketing has been done using 100% 'free', non-'blackhat' methods - such as blog comments, articles, social marketing, etc). Web hosting has cost $2.99 using a companies Hostgator Reseller price, I can help you continue the hosting if necessary.

phpLinkBid

The site was originally built using phpLinkBuild 1.4.1, I upgraded to 1.4.2 shortly afterwards and haven't had a need to upgrade any further. I have applied the anti-spam module therefore the directory gets no automated spam and very occasionally gets manually input spam (places bid but doesn't complete payment).

Revenue Details:

Revenue has steadily increased over 18 months, the directory still receives bids/payments on a regular basis.

To date the exact figure is $1706 so makes approx $100 per month. This can easily be increased by a quick and easy marketing stint - hire a few forum signatures on webmaster forums and the traffic/revenue increases pretty quickly.

Traffic Details:

Traffic comes from a variety of places. Most traffic is received from Google and Live search engines. Yahoo is also highly ranked. Traffic is also received from various webmaster forums and 'directory list' sites.

Check it out on Site Point

Spider-Man, Jun 17, 2009 IP