1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Wealthy Affiliate and Affiliate Elite.

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Goat11, Jan 13, 2008.

1. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    vstar

30$ a month is not too much, but I am not sure that I will find something really new there.

bl4ckmaN^, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  2. alexs464

alexs464 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1) It is advertised to : Beginner - Advanced
    2) You could cancel the membership at any time with no penalty fees.

If you are a pro, I do not know how much you will learn from it - but I am sure you will learn :)

alexs464, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  3. PPC-Coach

PPC-Coach Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was a member and I do give them credit because if I hadn't joined their site I would never have had a reason to create mine. :)

They do focus on ebooks, (how many have they written and had their member army promote now?) I give them credit, they're smart, they built their own affiliate network without the affiliates even knowing it.

I'm not knocking them, I said they're a great place for beginners to learn how to sell ebooks on clickbank. Plus if you don't know any html you can always use their online html editor, (again beginner focussed and there's nothing wrong with that...)

PPC-Coach, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  4. vstar

vstar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you must have been a member quite some time ago, things have changed my friend, BIG TIME!!!

Sure their learning tutorials mention their own pruducts, why Not?

It's like if your were making rice crispie squares and the recipe on the box says to add 1 cup of Kraft margarine...

You get the picture?

All I know is everyday I look at the success forum and everyday there's NEW succes posts from people who have failed to make a dime before joining Wealthy Affiliate

And everyday I get PM's from members, thanking me for reffering them

vstar, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  5. pennytrader

pennytrader Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm so sick of affiliate programs. The ones making the real money are the ones who started it in the first place. Aim for being the one in control instead of giving money to the ones in control.

pennytrader, Jan 21, 2008 IP
  6. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice reviews of Wealthy Affiliate. I will think about it...

bl4ckmaN^, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  7. lorocreative

lorocreative Active Member

Best Answers:
    Keyword Elite and Affiliate Elite are both tools I use regularly. I guess they are quite useful :)

lorocreative, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  8. vstar

vstar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you serious... you must be stuck in the clickbank time warp

Spread your wings my friend, take a look at commision Junction , linkshare, performics, there's a TON of money to be made as an affiliate marketer.... and it's Soooo Eaaaaasy

vstar, Jan 22, 2008 IP
  9. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    vstar... can you send me a PM and tell me more about WealthyAffiliate? I am looking to join but I want to know just HOW fast you can start earning money and start learning. The thing that worries me the most is if I join and the tutorials or whatever are complicated. I am doing some affiliate marketing now but would like to try out WA...

Thank you...

BusinessMinded08, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  10. jigolo

jigolo Peon

Best Answers:
    very good affiliation....

jigolo, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  11. zeekstern

zeekstern Active Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliate Elite is expensive, comes with a monthly fee on top of the initial payment. From what I have read, it is not very user friendly. No, I have not purchased it because I don't need it, but I have read plenty of reviews on it.
    I also visited the sales page where he claims to have made over $200,000 in 2 weeks with it. The check that is shown is dated from 2006. Makes me stop and think.:)

I too am a member of WA and will not say anything else about it other than if you want to learn the correct way to sell/market any program or product, the only thing you need is a membership to WA. Yes, it is that good, and no, I am not promoting it here in this forum. (No link) Just answering the question/post.

Best of luck,

Zeek

zeekstern, Jan 23, 2008 IP
  12. musestech

musestech Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi PPC-Coach,

a small query,

Does wealthy affiliate work only with clickbank? is it good only for people who have something to sell like ebooks?

musestech, Jan 24, 2008 IP
  13. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    WA is all about ClickBank and PPC. They talk about writing landing pages and sales letters mainly which sounds more like "ClickBank" items then actualy affiliate marketing and everything. Either way, I gave it up for a while...

BusinessMinded08, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  14. Thaddeus

Thaddeus Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been a member for about a year and half, and I have to disagree about the Clickbank comments and WA. What Vstar said about that is true...they are not just about ebooks and CB.

Many new members just naturally gravitate to CB because it's the easiest network to get started with. I don't use CB very much, and never have.

However, the owners are constantly encouraging people look elsewhere besides just Clickbank. In fact, they have a recommended list of 15 major industries to promote. Within that list, they provide over 77,000 keywords to use and 105 suggested products and merchants to promote... only 41 of those are Clickbank. The other 64 products and merchants they suggest are through CJ, Linkshare, Performics, ShareaSale, or Independent.

As far as it being geared mostly to PPC and article marketing...yes...although there are always fantastic SEO threads going on by some members like Vstar. And great social networking threads sometimes as well.

The main thing I've always gotten out of WA though, is the incredibly solid marketing knowledge. The delivery method is just secondary.

I quit my day job last June, solely because of WA...and now make more every month than most people make in a year.

Anyone who joins and truly feels like they aren't learning anything new, is either not applying what they've already learned elsewhere, or is already making some serious bank anyway.

Thad

Thaddeus, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  15. Masterful

Masterful Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wealthy Affiliate provides a great learning resource. The forum over there is just bloody amazing. However, what I didn't like was that all of the learning materials were "scrambled" and not presented in a linear manner. In other words, no fundamental picture was provided, no step-by-step procedure. I would learn from the tutorials and especially from the forum, but I wouldn't exactly know how they all fit together. Anyway . . . That was a long time ago, when I was a newbie. I don't know how it is now. I learnt some of first skills as an affiliate internet marketer at Wealthy Affiliate, so I have buckets of respect for it. I will probably re-join in due course.

Masterful, Jan 25, 2008 IP
  16. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thad, I disagree. You say that they do not promote ClickBank but it seems like in every turn of WA there is some sort of mentioning of "ClickBank" or their products "Beat AdWords" and 2 others. I haven't read much that is new, 'nor informational. The fact remains that the steady talk of ClickBank and landing pages is getting kind of old. Plus, their description of a "landing page" based upon the tutorial I read was a "sales letter." Surely the 2 could be the same but a sales letter usually promotes an item through a entire informational page. I depcit landing pages as a page that is like any Jamster or freebie website landing page. Something short and contains the possibility to enter a email and such.

I am not saying the program is bad... but that is for right now. I'll give it about another 1-2 weeks and see how things turn out.

Finally, I agree with Masterful, they've could've better organize the tutorial and what order they come in. One second you could be reading something along the lines of a beginner tutorial and then in order to understand anything further, you have to skip forward to another tutorial that is either in the level of intermediate and/or advanced.

BusinessMinded08, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  17. Thaddeus

Thaddeus Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree too.

This is a quote directly from their 8 week plan:

"People get too caught up using Clickbank and fail to utilize the other large affiliate networks that are available."

And the landing pages they suggest using are standard and proven multiple product comparison pages, not sales pages.

But it's like I said though, if you really don't feel you're finding anything new there, then you should have no problem cranking out some major profits just by taking action on what you already know.

Thad

Thaddeus, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  18. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    I feel like I could do it on my own, unfortunately I've paid $30 and have no refund so I might as well get a month to try it out. Or I can simply sell the account but its against DP rules so I'm not going to...

BusinessMinded08, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  19. Thaddeus

Thaddeus Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I'd just hang out and at get what you can out of it while you're there. If you don't pick up at least one thing that's worth more than your $30, I'd be very surprised.

Thad

Thaddeus, Jan 26, 2008 IP
  20. alexs464

alexs464 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I owe everything to Wealthy Affiliate. 3 months ago I thought no one could actually earn money online - look at me now, I am averaging almost $2000 per month using free advertising.

I have been a member of WA and I think I ll stick with these guys for couple of years :)

Alex

alexs464, Jan 26, 2008 IP