1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

We pro's laugh at you wasting your time with looking for high paying click niches

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Laceygirl, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Webwaster

Webwaster Peon

Best Answers:
    You have 13 websites!

But why is the rum gone?

Webwaster, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe when you see the word website you think it means a blog you have to update or a forum. They are a bunch of information sites that do not require updating.

Laceygirl, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  3. Chris Munch

Chris Munch Peon

Best Answers:
    There's lots of reasons, the BIG list is here:
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1969885

Chris Munch, Nov 9, 2010 IP
  4. techfever

techfever Peon

Best Answers:
    Truly said more traffic = more revenue and high paying keywords are useless unless we have high traffic

techfever, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  5. 24788

24788 Peon

Best Answers:
    Lacey girl you know nothing. I've been selling tanks for almost 8 years on my blog and just the other day I almost made my first sale ever. mesotheolioma - only niche you should use with ADSENSE OR TANKS!!!

I know what you mean though. I'm in a medium paying niche and a low paying niche. My site just hit one year of age and I'm happy with the results so far. I'm at a point now where I get 20-40 page views on a daily basis naturally. It may not be amazing, but it's a personal blog.

24788, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  6. TYCP

TYCP Active Member

Best Answers:
    If someone wants to deal with niche sites, that's them, but I couldn't do it. Not because I think it's too much work, but I'm passionate about what I do. I couldn't shell out all of those niche sites just to make money online. I think concentrating on one or maybe five sites you really care about is better.

TYCP, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  7. bacardirum

bacardirum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing wrong with having goals, even if they do seem unrealistic, work hard enough and you can achieve anything you want in life.

bacardirum, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  8. vndnbrgj

vndnbrgj Member

Best Answers:
    I would just like to give some kudos to you Lacey.
    You have been cracking me up reading all these posts. :)
    I hope newbies try and come in and compete with seasoned marketers.
    All it will result in is lost hope them and more opportunity for us.
    :D

vndnbrgj, Nov 10, 2010 IP
    Laceygirl likes this.
  9. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There's no room for fairy tail thoughts in business. Realistically all people have borders that cannot be crossed. This achieve anything you want in life business is seriously some 1st grade teacher advice.

Laceygirl, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  10. Project Mobius

Project Mobius Peon

Best Answers:
    but but....content is still king right???????????!!! And traffic is queeeeennn???

Project Mobius, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  11. kvwest125

kvwest125 Peon

Best Answers:
    Having a blogspot is awesome just for SEO and stuff, but yeah agree here

kvwest125, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  12. Silph

Silph Peon

Best Answers:
    I have to admit i was like this when i started though it most probably due to me being 14 at the time and new to the internet. But I've come back after a few years away and started building websites from the ground up (coding, designing etc..) from a few ideas that i think are awesome, bit of a learning curve for newbie (the coding bit) but my current project is coming together nicely.

Silph, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  13. cyberskye

cyberskye Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, one needs to do what one needs to do and find out what works for themselves. Nobody is going to give up on a dream just because I suggest that it won't work. What they'll probably find is that yes, it can be done and it can work with enough work but hell, this low-competition stuff is easier and works a lot faster! Aim for the sky but grab the low-hanging fruit first or you'll starve.

cyberskye, Nov 11, 2010 IP
  14. deathnote

deathnote Peon

Best Answers:
    agree, but can you give some actual advice?

deathnote, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  15. newtoadsense

newtoadsense Peon

Best Answers:
    can i ask is it better to have 10 sites earning $10 dollars a month or one site earning $100. At the moment I have one site that earns me $20 a month, would i be better of focusing building that site and developing the SEO or creating several other sites?

newtoadsense, Nov 12, 2010 IP
  16. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Damn right it is. If you have unique and good content then the traffic spreads to links all over the internet by the public. SEO likes it, etc. If you have junky content you get nowhere.
    See, the thing is why waste your time competing with the big boys when we all know that most webmasters are so cheap they barely want to buy a domain. lol
    That was advice. Basically anyone who is newer who is whining about getting huge paying niches don't ahve to waste a year trying to work it out. Go ahead and ask me anything and I'll try to help.
    Nope. The problem is if you have a good site and you are happy with the price given for your clicks then if you create all of these new sites then your ctr drops because none of these new sites are getting much clicks for their impressions. If you have a site that is rocking then its much more easy to work with that one considering you have visitors who are helping the cause by promoting the site for you too. It gets easier as your site gets more popular.
    Ex: When I first started this site I spend about 6hr a day to get the content right for about a month. Afterwards I took the 6hrs and submitted to directories, blog replying, etc. It took forever. It was something like 1st month 200visitors, 2nd month 250, 3rd 330, etc. But later on It was getting 7000 in a month, and the next month was 7600 and I didn't even pay attention to the site. Its promoting itself. Today don't ask me how many new backlinks it gets a month because it would take 6hrs a day just to log that.:)

The bigger the site, the easier it is so stay with the site.

Laceygirl, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  17. dansari

dansari Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's still possible to create new sites in moderately well-paying niches ($1 per click) and do well, just avoid the crazily-competitive ones (auto insurance, mesothelioma, etc.).

dansari, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  18. Chrissy17

Chrissy17 Peon

Best Answers:
    Develop one site at a time and don't start them all at once.

Chrissy17, Nov 13, 2010 IP
  19. Ellen Ong

Ellen Ong Peon

Best Answers:
    more traffic = more money ... right?

Ellen Ong, Nov 22, 2010 IP
  20. mach1

mach1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Great advice from Laceygirl. As for me, I'm not banking on my sites to pay for my retirement ... I simply create sites because I enjoy putting the content together. If I make money on it then great! If not, then that's cool too.

mach1, Nov 22, 2010 IP