1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

we make no sales :( any advices ?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by felixhayoz, Feb 11, 2016.

Hello :)

We are a new clothing brand from Switzerland and launched our online Store a few months ago , since then we just made one sale .. We wanted to ask if somebod can give us an advice to make more sales ?

our site waveril.com

felixhayoz, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  2. NimbleMerchant

NimbleMerchant Member

Best Answers:
    Checked your site. Good, professional design, way better than stuff I use. Now what I don't see, when I visit a home page: products. I got idea on what you sell (assuming I didn't read your post here for the sake of experiment) only after clicking the second page and waiting it loaded. Then I saw two guys in clothes somewhere in the middle of the page closer to the bottom of it (on my 1680x1050 monitor).

See what I mean? If you sell something, your products should be the very central idea of your site. Look at Amazon as an example. Their products are all over the home page, which looks like a Christmas Tree.

Maybe you direct your traffic to different pages, which are more product-oriented, then good. But so far that's my first impression. Hope it helps.

NimbleMerchant, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  3. helpandhelp

helpandhelp Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Seek for more outlets. This is necessary if you have a lot of competitors. You need to look out and try to do what your competitors may not want to do. Ready to give away some % to get new buyers.

helpandhelp, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Your site is somewhat misleading. You guys are not really a clothing brand. Or does it say waveril on the tags?

I think you should re-think your concept. Instead of going by a "clothing brand" site, start a custom shirt (t-shirt, sweater, hoodie) prints site.

qwikad.com, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  5. felixhayoz

felixhayoz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello

Thanks for the help! All our Shirts and Sweaters are made by us so I think we are a Clothing Brand ? And Waveril is our Name ... We just add a Sale ;)

felixhayoz, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  6. LingoRich

LingoRich Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The site may have a counterintuitive feel? Perhaps ebay would be more suitable for your TEES?

SMEs have considerable advantages over their larger counterparts because they are closer to their customers. Smaller businesses are more agile and closer to their market. As a result they are easily adaptable. So be adaptable!

Most SMEs think about their products. When SMEs should be thinking about their personalities, values and what makes the company different. Branding is not about spending money on advertising or churning out press releases, rather it should encapsulate your customers’ perception of your business. Too many SME’s cut the wrong corners when starting up; appearance and attitude have both got to be right. You've gone to all the effort of hiring models(or friends) and taking nice photos. All in nice locations. And yet your TEES aren't even ironed? If you’ve a good product, give good service and make a good impression people will come back. If you don’t they won’t – and why should they?

You are printing wacky art on tees! Where's the wacky site? With young models doing wacky things?

All I'm saying is your attitude is 'wacky' or 'wavery' and your appearance is 'unnamed French/Italian designers'.

Look to the 'about page'

LingoRich

LingoRich, Feb 14, 2016 IP
  7. felixhayoz

felixhayoz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey LingoRich

Thank you for the long answer :) We rly want to have a Webstore we also want to ad more products one time.. So your advice is to change the website "look" and take more Skate and Surf or how we live Pictures ?

Tanks so much and greets !

Sorry for my bad english :p

felixhayoz, Feb 14, 2016 IP
  8. -bank-

-bank- Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Change your plan and think about your target market, where are they searching, what are they looking to purchase...
    Clothing is an incredibly competitive business to be in, though with creative unique designs promoted correctly you could generate a good income.
    Have you targeted Facebook, used their ads, joined loads of relevant groups, got in touch with group owners offering samples..
    How about reaching out to fashion bloggers then sending out samples for them to share and blog about you to their readers..
    Simply putting an online store up isn't going to launch your brand..

-bank-, Feb 14, 2016 IP
  9. LingoRich

LingoRich Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My advice is 'less is more'. Don't try to be too big. Three pages can be as good as five. You only need a web store if you need one? Why have a web store for 5 products?

Yes skate and surf pictures because that is your 'wacky' customer base. That is you.

But think 'festivals'. Both 'art' and 'music'.

LingoRich, Feb 14, 2016 IP
  10. felixhayoz

felixhayoz Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey at all :)

Thank you guys so much for the help ! We have made our Store with Shopify so we stay there and not ebay ect. cause we allrdy payd for it ;) . We think bout our target market and we want to make more photos when we are skating and surfing and making other stuff :) We hope that this is helping .. We also want to join in groups ect.
    Can u guys help us with the target ? We think its , Surfers , skaters , Festival dudes and art ? would you agree with this ? I also wrote messages on IG to give thme free stuff...

Greets from Switzerland

Felix

felixhayoz, Feb 15, 2016 IP
  11. gamblingdomains

gamblingdomains Active Member

Best Answers:
    Very difficult to tell what you specialize in. Be descriptive and have some identity. Right now it seems your designs and company are too vague.

gamblingdomains, Feb 22, 2016 IP
  12. neolinaer

neolinaer Peon

Best Answers:
    add more product with low price ,share your products on social media

neolinaer, Feb 23, 2016 IP
  13. felixhayoz

felixhayoz Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the asnwers :) And how do guys like the name waveril ?

Greets !

felixhayoz, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  14. mic93304

mic93304 Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried using Google adwords?

mic93304, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  15. akki002

akki002 Active Member

Best Answers:
    local seo
    link building
    pbn
    web 2.0

akki002, Feb 26, 2016 IP
  16. felixhayoz

felixhayoz Peon

Best Answers:
    We don´t tried adwords , whats link building ?
    Thanks so much for the help !
    And now you guys how to spell our brand name ?

Greets
    Felix

felixhayoz, Feb 27, 2016 IP
  17. akki002

akki002 Active Member

Best Answers:
    link building is pointing links from various sites to your site, links are likes votes, the more quality links you get, the high chances of ranking

akki002, Feb 27, 2016 IP
  18. swami2

swami2 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can try and PPC advertising.

swami2, Feb 29, 2016 IP
  19. FCM

FCM Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DO NOT TRY PPC ADVERTISING! DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT. Not right now at least, you'll waste so much money in it.

You're a clothing company, you need a big image with clothes or someone wearing the clothes that you have. I recommend to
    add that on the homepage

Add products on your home page, create something like most popular. you have to give things to buy immediately if not you're going to get high bounce.

Instead of saying "FREE SHIPPING big" give description of what you're selling "The Best Clothes Since Sliced Bread" or something crazy ( i don't recommend using that tag line lol)

It's all about letting people know exactly what you are as soon as they see it.

Best wishes

FCM, Mar 1, 2016 IP
  20. Gregory V. Diehl

Gregory V. Diehl Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The first question I ask prospective entrepreneurs is what you want your brand identity to be. This is so often overlooked until far too late. Your brand is the collective conception others have of you or your business. It is that intangible awareness (the context) through which your audience will interpret and react to specific pitches and attempts to generate new business. The power of a message comes from who is saying it.

So, what is the brand identity of your clothing company?

Gregory V. Diehl, Mar 8, 2016 IP