1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

We Blocked FaceBook in Pakistan

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by wajid_pk, May 19, 2010.

1. nightcrawlers

nightcrawlers Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where is the name of Pakistan in it? My concern is with Pakistan!!

This law is not followed in our country to add to your knowledge!

I am just amazed at one thing and no one answered that why would someone insult any religion, whats in it for you? There are other ways of doing fun and lot better than this one. If people don't insult religion(s) everyone will live peacefully no one will threaten you. right?

You have no knowledge there NGO's are working and also amensity international which is keeping record of every case. You are just imposing your negative belief as I said why you cannot mention. Media is there but there not many cases, but from your argument it sounds like every house is practicing!

P.S: I don't know who added negative reputation without any reason!!!

nightcrawlers, May 25, 2010 IP
  2. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know Obamanation can do that or not but insulting ethnics and people is totally disapproval I think.
    but anyway a question: can you flag on your home door written "love Jews" ? can you be safe then?

babak44, May 25, 2010 IP
  3. nightcrawlers

Best Answers:
    All I know is that only Pakistan has taken action against by blocking and IMO Government did that by purpose because there were many crap things were shared about Government in Pakistan and Youtube. So they will be more than happy to block it and if we compare to other Muslim countries like Saudi Arabia are we better Muslims? They didn't block fb or youtube? So, banning fb and youtube is not the solution, it is only we cannot access they can still make fun of any religion! Bottom line is that there should be some law in which no one is allowed to insult or use hate speech against any religion like in UK.

4. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I realize this is a heated debate, but just wanted to add something...

American liberal Muslims don't seem to have much voice here on DP, so I emailed Muslims for Progressive Values, who replied that Draw Muhammad Day should be protected under freedom of speech.

Rebecca, May 25, 2010 IP
  5. Grobbulus

Grobbulus Peon

Best Answers:
    Is Google banned in Pakistan? I'm sure Google "images" have a few of those images.

Grobbulus, May 25, 2010 IP
  6. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It would be better for Pakistan and for the whole world if their courts and government ban terrorists groups and training camps first instead of banning facebook, twitter, youtube, wikipedia etc.

Btw, does the government really think people are so dumb to NOT be able to access these banned sites via proxies?

Last edited: May 25, 2010
    peepin2me, May 25, 2010 IP
  7. osamaxafar

osamaxafar Peon

Best Answers:
    osamaxafar, May 25, 2010 IP
  8. glenlee108

glenlee108 Guest

Best Answers:
    yes that's true

glenlee108, May 25, 2010 IP
  9. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A good example of what I was speaking of above. Intimidation, if I am understanding his use of English.

Blue Star Ent., May 25, 2010 IP
  10. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    We've been over this. Drawing the prophet Mohammad is not against the law in the West, and we hope it never will be. The minute we start changing our behavior and laws based on the desires of any group outside the US, and threats of terrorism, we are one foot down the path of becoming an oppressive 3rd world shit hole. Personally, I'm happy with the system we have now. We exercise our right to free speech, a few radicals get all worked up and try and bomb a few targets in America, America gets pissed off and flies predator drones over their homes abroad. Between us and the terrorists, we are a lot better about making good on our threats.

You need to wake up man. This may be the 5th time you've implied Americans are not free to insult Jews or the Holocaust. Here is a link to a radio ad that ran one month ago by a person running for the US Senate(only 100 Senators in America who make our laws).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGJut2shBdk

While I may disagree with everything thing the guy is saying, I would fight(yes fight) for his right to say it.

I have to thank you and Jesi for openly demonstrating the obvious willingness of some Muslims to translate religious outrage to violence. In my opinion, the more openly these types of views are presented, the easier it is to identify the real problems facing Pakistan today.

So you now speak for ALL Pakistanis? Seriously? You know arrogance is considered a sin. What you are saying is that there is not one single non-Muslim in Pakistan, while we know this to be untrue. For you to acknowledge that the rights of a minority in your nation are important would require you first to acknowledge that minority exists. You have a long road to travel my friend.

I'm not speaking specifically to Pakistan, though on looking it up, the marriageable age in Pakistan is 16 and 15 in the tribal regions, not 18 as you imply. Pakistan aside, the links I provided indicate that these practices do exist in many Muslim nations and we DO find them offensive. I hope you don't think we should threaten them with violence if they don't stop doing the things that insult our beliefs.

Wrong. People will always find a reason to fight. History certainly teaches us that. Let me ask you this. Do Homosexuals insult your religion? After all, does not Islam condemn Homosexuality as a sin punishable by death? Yet Facebook is FULL of homosexual themed pages.

http://www.facebook.com/gaystraightalliances
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...QoADAA&usg=AFQjCNGz0CRa6SgoV7x33RU3V64eSzKnAw
    http://www.facebook.com/victoryfund...QoATAA&usg=AFQjCNG6E5G7BbTPE3JP1IATtOjktweysA

What if Muslims started threatening terrorism because we allowed the homosexuals to continue to have their pages on Facebook? Believe me, if we took down the "Draw Mohammad" pages out of fear of terrorism, the homosexual pages would be the next to be campaigned against.

If you want to know what is in it for those posting on the "Draw Mohammad Day" facebook page, it is a demonstration of their right to protest much more than it is meant as an insult to Islam. It says loud and clear, "We will not be bullied into following your religious beliefs". Ironically, the more heated statements westerners see like those posted by wajid_pk and Jesi, the more "Draw Mohammad day" pages you will see being promoted on various websites. Let me turn your question on you. If you don't want to see "Draw Mohammad day" facebook pages, why don't you prosecute people who threaten violence based on insults to their religion?

It certainly wasn't me. You seem like one of the most moderate voices from Pakistan I've read.

Obamanation, May 25, 2010 IP
  11. nightcrawlers

Best Answers:

12. Atif123

Atif123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    tell me its corrected or not?

Atif123, May 25, 2010 IP
  13. jezzz

jezzz Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Mind you there is no activity made by Pakistan! it is Facebook people who made ridiculous stupidity against religon of Islamic and Pakistan is follower of Islamic Republic!

Facebook is completely banned here just because of this offense

jezzz, May 25, 2010 IP
  14. whitespparow

whitespparow Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Pakistan banned the facebook and twitter, youtube, flickr.

whitespparow, May 25, 2010 IP
  15. nightcrawlers

Best Answers:
    Now again posting above comment someone gave me negative reputation rather than clearing everything out and debate on the issue. I will not contribute to this thread now in favor or against anyone, adding negative reputation if you don't like someone opinion nice...

nightcrawlers, May 26, 2010 IP
  16. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps someone didn't like to hear a Pakistani say he had no problem with a person's sexuality...

Obamanation, May 26, 2010 IP
  17. kevoh99

kevoh99 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is really cruel

kevoh99, May 26, 2010 IP
  18. williammfelix

williammfelix Peon

Best Answers:
    That is very2 extreme.... Is there anyway for Pakistan government to re-open the site?

williammfelix, May 26, 2010 IP
  19. cs?futuresasuke

cs?futuresasuke Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook Is not Banned due to Illegal Activity In Pakistan.... Whole World is having Illegal activity though by downloading Warez and etc.

It is Banned Because There are Groups which Abuse Islam. Like "F.U.C.K Islam"
    and there are groups which abuse our Prophet Mohammad Especially.

And Pakistan Doesn't Wants to have access to that kind of site.

I don't Get it Why Facebook Allows that Kind of Shitty Groups to be made!!!!!

@williammfelix
    I think the ban will lift on 31st of May

cs?futuresasuke, May 26, 2010 IP
  20. tomy_gun

tomy_gun Peon

Best Answers:
    Only Facebook and Youtube I think not twitter and Flickr

tomy_gun, May 26, 2010 IP