1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

We Blocked FaceBook in Pakistan

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by wajid_pk, May 19, 2010.

1. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Okay, I will post it ( copy and paste it ) here for you:

Thanks for the compliment, but I think you do not yet understand. Conduct is hard to explain over a computer connection, but here goes... When you say "hardcore" I take that to mean you are pushing your unicorn religion on others. Correct me if I am wrong.

I can disagree without denouncing, just as hopefully you can. I can deride falsehoods while still not condemning or intimidating the person. Can you ? When freedom is described with things like "I have the right to offend people", I simply disagreed and asked politely for you to stop spreading this type of behaviour. It is no different than starting a war needlessly, just for selfish gain. Starting an argument with a person is just a different level than starting a war. Wars of agression are similar in this respect to "offensive" statements. In fact the word itself contains the word "offense" which is closely related to war.

One question for you; Do you offend people on purpose ? I hope you answer.

Peace

I am going to put this in for an edit, if you want to talk about conduct, do it in a PM, this is off-topic.

Last edited: May 24, 2010
    Blue Star Ent., May 24, 2010 IP
  2. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you referring to Muslims pushing their religion(not drawing Mohammad) on everyone else on the planet? If so, I 100% agree. Good points. It absolutely is intimidation.

What you are talking about here are cultural differences. If insulting someone's religion is a crime in your country, good on ya. If the punishment for stealing is chopping off the hand of the offender, good on ya. If the punishment for adultry is death by stoning(for women only), good on ya. These are obviously not cultural values, laws, and corresponding penalties held by most western nations. Conversely, drawing the image of anyone including, but not limited to: Jesus Christ, Mohammad, the tooth fairy, chicks with dicks, hicks with sticks, Nazis, holocaust victims, and homosexual baby harp seals, is not considered immoral or illegal, and carries no criminal penalty.

The problem you have is that Muslims are trying to apply their cultural values to the rest of the planet. Granted, there are some amongst us that will try to stop breathing if they think it offends someone, but the rest of the sane people will tell you to get over it. Furthermore, those from your culture that are unable to "get over it" and feel the need to threaten and carry out violence to try and impose their cultural values on others need to be aware that, while we may not interfere with your stonings, beheadings, abuse of women, and imprisonments for insults to religion, we most definitely respond to threats and violence.

So have at it. Enjoy your culture. Imprison those within your country who insult a religion(any religion). Marry off your children at age 12. Complain up a storm about the heathens on Facebook. Block any internet traffic which some of your population finds offensive. Sever the appendages of those who steal. It may offend me and others like me, but it is your country. Run it as you will.

Obamanation, May 24, 2010 IP
  3. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, just life in general. :)

Blue Star Ent., May 24, 2010 IP
  4. soneat

soneat Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody is talking about denouncing anything. This quote is not about individual action or reaction, rather it is about protecting free speech by recognizing that it can not be capped by pitiful attempts like these. This is not about offending somebody on purpose, rather it is about understanding that a potential "offence" can come in any shape, size or form.

My "call" to offend anybody and everybody was only metaphorical. You can go out and offend anybody and everybody without doing anything. Were you wearing a green jacket today? Well this is highly offensive to my eyes. Of course, this is a rather extreme example, but how far are we from the truth? Consider South Park. Now Matt and Terry have "offended", as you call it, a couple of groups in their time. Gingers, fat people, Jews, Christians you name it, yet, once it came to Mohamed, stuff got suddenly quite serious. Well you remember, the episode got pulled, images were censored, in order not to "offend".

And thus we get back to "nobody has the right not to be offended". Nobody should have that right, since it is a direct threat to self expression. Speaking of self expression, we do find ourself in the same boat in regards to Islam as we used to in regards to Christianity. Remember when Christianity was a huge taboo topic? Well we got over that, now Christians do not enjoy the same rights that protect Muslims from potential "offences". Should Adult Swim censor any inappropriate depiction of South Park's Jesus too then? Well, where do we draw the line? How do we ensure equality?

You see, once we start giving out special rights and start privileging, protecting and nannying a few groups we will find ourselves on a path of no return. I do agree with you, it is always better to just disagree non-verbally, but am I denouncing the whole religion by drawing a picture of Mohammed? Am I directly speaking out against Islam? Isn't this a direct display of a cult of personality, in essence a complete reversal of the original "do not depict Mohammed to prevent the Jesus mania" law?

Cheers to you mate, have a good one!

soneat, May 24, 2010 IP
  5. nightcrawlers

nightcrawlers Active Member

Best Answers:
    In which Muslim country this happen give me links rather than just not liking anything.

We are not applying our culture on anyone why are you people get frightened by Muslims?

Again a fact less thing I guess some Bum in your country told you that!

nightcrawlers, May 24, 2010 IP
    tomy_gun likes this.
  6. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    in marriage our differences are a lot more than minimum age of girl to marry. I guess this is important enough to open a thread for it.

babak44, May 24, 2010 IP
  7. saching1

saching1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes facebook is totally banned in Pakistan now.

saching1, May 24, 2010 IP
  8. sachdeva.arjit

sachdeva.arjit Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea, that's correct

sachdeva.arjit, May 24, 2010 IP
  9. intizam

intizam Member

Best Answers:
    Dear tusharagg87 update your information twitter is not banned in Pakistan

intizam, May 24, 2010 IP
  10. Hotter_DV

Hotter_DV Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it right decissuion to ban facebook in pakistan. What is the exact reason. Anybody knows please explain me.

Hotter_DV, May 24, 2010 IP
  11. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, Pakistan banned facebook due to religion and culture beliefs that has been passed on through many generations. I guess they don't want to support much of the media coming from the US and the rest of the world.

Justin_Dupre, May 24, 2010 IP
  12. mit

mit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mit, May 24, 2010 IP
  13. fr@nc!z

fr@nc!z Active Member

Best Answers:
  14. intizam

intizam Member

Best Answers:
    The Facebook page encouraged users to post images of the prophet to protest threats made by a radical Muslim group against the creators of the American TV series “South Park” for depicting Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) in a bear suit during an episode earlier this year.
    That's why Pakistani govt planned to banned it in Pakistan. If anyone out there in world have any religious concept, they exactly knows that making laugh of any PROPHET / MESSENGER from ALLAH is a horrible act and we must avoid these acts.

intizam, May 24, 2010 IP
  15. babak44

babak44 Active Member

Best Answers:
    totaly disaproval.

babak44, May 24, 2010 IP
  16. Hs McD

Hs McD Peon

Best Answers:
    No offence here but i suppose the cartoon also made fun of buddist and christian..i wonder why no one would stand up and protest about that? Why others just took a joke as a joke? That's strange..i guess they didn't protest about it coz they don't respect their god perhaps? lol~

Hs McD, May 24, 2010 IP
  17. intizam

intizam Member

Best Answers:
    We as a MUSLIM hate and condemned any such act of making joke / cartoon of any messenger / prophet send by ALLAH and we strongly protest such act.

intizam, May 25, 2010 IP
  18. Obamanation

Obamanation Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What... im starting to read like ATVKing? My source for insulting someones religion being a crime is you. You yourself said it is so in Pakistan.

Here are some others:
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/isl_adul1.htm
    "2000-FEB: United Arab Emirates: Kartini binti Karim, (a.k.a. Ms. Karteen Karikanderan), an unmarried citizen of Indonesia, was working as a housemaid in the United Arab Emirates when her pregnancy was detected. She and a man -- a citizen of India -- were charged with adultery. She was convicted; he fled the country before he could be arrested. She was placed on trial without a lawyer or a translator, "...alone and equipped with barely any word of the local language," . She was not told that she had a right to communicate with her embassy. Her embassy was not informed in advance of the trial. Under the UAE's form of Sharia, she was sentenced to death by stoning. The Indonesian government hired a lawyer and translator to appeal her case. 3 On APR-25, the appeals court reduced her sentence to one year in prison, followed by deportation."

Islamic study guide to chopping off hands: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/14238

Honestly, your complaints about facebook are gratifying, not concerning. Its the Muslims with the signs saying "Behead those who insult islam" that scare most folk IMO. When you consider the recent car bomb set in New York in front of Viacom was a Muslim response to Mohammad being portrayed in South Park, one can't help but think violence is implied if not openly stated (as in the case of South Park) in the more vehement Muslim complaints. Furthermore, when you re-read Jesi's post earlier, his claim is that Islam orders the slaying of those who insult Islam. Is that not something to be concerned about? Believe me when I say, the more Muslim's push against free speech in the west, the more pictures of Mohammad that are going to pop up.

We've been over this ground. There are no statistics kept, but you and I both know it is not uncommon. If pakistan is cracking down on child brides, i'm glad to hear it.

Obamanation, May 25, 2010 IP
  19. datasol

datasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is true that facebook banned in Pakistan.

datasol, May 25, 2010 IP
  20. wajid_pk

wajid_pk Peon

Best Answers:
    o Man do you want to safe yourself from terrorists ??
    just stop these things
    Leave the dream you have not a speech free freedom other wise place a banner on your home door written "Dirty Jews" and lets see how much you are speech free

Do you know how much i am feeling ?
    Iron is so much Hot it can be turned/molded in any shape
    so stop
    and say thanks God FB is already Blocked in Iran other wise Israel is in there range
    look no one is angry here on FB blockage all are happy
    Iron Hot and 1000s of axes ready so safe yourself

Oh i am Confused No one non Muslim in Pakistan came on road against this decision what is the problem with you ?

wajid_pk, May 25, 2010 IP