1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ways to optimize your Google Product Search Results

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by nemo27, Mar 22, 2008.

1. iluvaffiliates

iluvaffiliates Banned

Best Answers:
    from my last four years' experience, quality backlinks are very important.

iluvaffiliates, Jan 13, 2009 IP
  2. Laptop13

Laptop13 Peon

Best Answers:
    OK so can you go into more detail about this? I do not know very much about RSS. What does it feed from? your site or can you just upload what you want to feed into google somewhere and have the rss send it out once a day? It seems like it could be automated updates but im not sure how to set that up.

Also, my site product descriptions are in HTML for reading purposes. is that acceptable for google base or should I strip the html for the feed?

Thanks for the help all.

Laptop13, Jan 23, 2009 IP
  3. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    1. You cannot upload anything you want. Only the products you physically sell. No affiliate products are allowed.
    2. It depends on the script your shop uses. All major carts have a plugin or a build-in capability of producing a feed. If yours hasn't one - it is easy to write a small php script to create xml from a MySQL table.
    3. Once a day seems great but there's no point in uploading a feed just for update's sake. Update if you really have new products/alterations every day. If you don't - once a week is perfectly OK.
    4. Better get rid of HTML - chances are your feed won't get approved. Do you really have HTML tags in your database?
    5. Yes, feed format doesn't make any difference. I have to stick with TXT because I use Actinic. Nevertheless, I have a better position than many guys who're using XML.

Oh, yeah, Google Base is a great tool for building backlinks :D :p :D

tankard, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  4. tomka

tomka Peon

Best Answers:
    Where I can download best version Chrome?

tomka, Jan 27, 2009 IP
  5. jaamit

jaamit Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Tankard (or anyone else),

I recently came across a case where Google Base was indexing products based on a crawl rather than a data feed! :confused: Have you ever seen this before?

More details on this post - http://blog.freshegg.com/google-base-indexing-products-without-a-data-feed_603/ (sorry i'm a newbie so my links aren't live yet - pls copy/paste!)

Would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this!

jaamit, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  6. tankard

tankard Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hi jaamit,

This happens with old and authority shops. Google Base has a bot that specializes in detecting products and capturing the basic attributes from HTML. As you observed - it was a couple of years. This is how long it can take. Besides the bot is able to capture only the basic attributes like title, description and price. That's why it is advisable to always upload a feed, even if your shop is authority.

Mind that Google will crawl only the shops that have one product per page. That's why Actinic shops and other soft that produces a list of products as opposite to one product per page, will probably never be crawled.

tankard, Jan 28, 2009 IP
  7. solusiplus

solusiplus Peon

Best Answers:
    I think PR not relevant for the high ranking on the search engine.

solusiplus, Jan 29, 2009 IP
  8. dr00t

dr00t Peon

Best Answers:
    Since I was looking for this and couldn't really find much - and I read this entire thread to no avail, hoping it would answer my questions... I figured there are probably a TON more people who are seeking the same info about Google Product Search / Shopping in SERPs. So, with that said.... I have found the mother load of answers for you all! Thank me later!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.seomoz.org/blog/how-to-r...ts-search-a-big-list-of-places-to-get-reviews

dr00t, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  9. dogmatch

dogmatch Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting backlinks with the targeted keyword or phrase in the anchor texts and use the targeted keywords in the internal links, title tags, H1, H2, ingress is the most important thing to do to improve your rankings. Buy some articles from constant-content.com or dailyarticle.com and distribute them with isnare.com and you will have hundreds or maybe even thousands of backlinks for only a few bucks.

dogmatch, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  10. Michael smith

Michael smith Peon

Best Answers:
    PR is not effecting Google SERP.

Michael smith, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  11. swarg

swarg Peon

Best Answers:
    Did somebody succeed with google products optimization? I definitely want to talk more closely in PM

swarg, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  12. peterzhou

peterzhou Peon

Best Answers:
    Can google shopping really bring much traffic?

peterzhou, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  13. szwinz

szwinz Peon

Best Answers:
    PR affect indexing. It's important, i think.

szwinz, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  14. directfuture

directfuture Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great post meno27, but from my experience PR has nothing to do with SERP’s, however it certainly does with organic listings.

directfuture, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  15. netjosh

netjosh Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the post this will help me a lot in my career. It's very useful tip. :)

netjosh, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  16. Atco_Maart

Atco_Maart Peon

Best Answers:
    1) Keywords in URL of product?
    A: I mostly use the keyword stuffing in prodcut url which is like search query which use search about the product !
    2) Keywords in URL/name of product image?
    A: in url you could put the keyword but its not necessary... but if you put then it will give better results...
    3) Keywords on product page on seller's site?
    A: keyword stuffing on product page is also gives the better appearance in product search...
    4) Does offering Google checkout improve position at all?
    A: Google checkout might got improve the position of the product. It is quiet helpful according to me...
    5) Does having positive (or any) store ratings improve position?
    A: yes, that suggest that the product shown is trusted and already purchased by otheres and reviews are good for that product so store ratings are also necessary...

Atco_Maart, Nov 18, 2010 IP
  17. THESHAOLIN1

THESHAOLIN1 Member

Best Answers:
    I find building high quality links with a mixture of quantity of links helps nicely.

THESHAOLIN1, Jun 2, 2011 IP
  18. classiqa.com

classiqa.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Using proper keywords and title will make your listing rank well. Another secret is...what is the bounce rate of visitors from your product page will also effect your ranking. If you have done bookmarking and social networking for your product then you will rank well. I have a local business and all my products ranks on 1st to 5th position most of the time is 1st position.

classiqa.com, Jun 6, 2011 IP
  19. PartsDr

PartsDr Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the age of the feed an having a lot of reviews both play a big part in the rankings.

PartsDr, Jun 16, 2011 IP