1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Ways to Generate Meetings

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by joncado, Feb 12, 2018.

Hey all,

I'm looking for the best way to generate meetings (in person and/or screenshare) with business owners in my local area and abroad. If anyone is an expert at this please pm me!

joncado, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure where you are based, but here in the U.S., I would stay away from cold calling by phone into these small businesses. Nobody answers their phone these days and that is especially true of small business owners. One avenue that I tried with a lead generation team a couple of years ago was PIC's (Personal Introductory Calls) in which I would have the sales rep hit all of the businesses in a business or industrial park and simply walk in and say that they were a consultant working in the area and wanted to give a business card and introduce themselves to the business owner (or at least the decisionmaker responsible for relevant purchases.) That worked surprisingly well because no one really does this any more and the gatekeeper (who is well-trained at how to stop phone callers) often would not know what to do and would call the person to come down to the lobby to meet with my sales rep. I think that we had a 15% success rate with this unusual form of prospecting. Of course. there are many factors like market, type of business, etc., that could affect your results, but it might be worth a try.

Finally, I have lately seen a lot of lead generation activities revolving around linkedin. I will get an invite from someone I do not know (often a young lady with a very attractive profile picture) and if I accept, they will follow up with a very short and polite inquiry as to whether I would be interested to learn more about their product or service. Now, I am a very attractive prospect because it is assumed that I have a large marketing budget as a VP of Marketing for a tech company (day job) so I may get a disproportionate amount of these inquiries, but I have been seeing more and more of it. I tend to accept linkedin invitations and have occasionally accepted the follow up to learn more if the product/service intrigued me.

Good luck with your efforts and let us know how it goes, what works, what isn't working, etc.

jrbiz, Feb 12, 2018 IP
  3. Pajari01

Pajari01 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would try to find an email of the corresponding decision-maker. Once you have it, it all depends on your writing skills. Finding an email can be tricky thought. There some apps (mostly paid) that can help you with it. Or you can try using LinkedIn.

Pajari01, Mar 29, 2018 IP
  4. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    We've been using GoToMeeting ever since, best online meeting software I've tried so far!

Pamela Turns, Apr 2, 2018 IP
  5. RomanEpo

RomanEpo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Check your PM please..

RomanEpo, Apr 3, 2018 IP