1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Watch investment - a way to save money from inflation?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Asterion, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Asterion

Asterion Active Member

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you. That is why I don't understand the talk about the Rolex that some members of this forum offer me to buy at a price three times cheaper. This is not a watch investment at all, but simply the purchase of a stolen watch. And then, as I said, most likely you will be sold a fake Rolex under the guise of a stolen Rolex. Therefore, let's leave this topic.

Asterion, Dec 29, 2022 IP
  2. Asterion

Asterion Active Member

Best Answers:
    This is great. Which Rolex did you buy and how much has it increased in price now?

Asterion, Dec 29, 2022 IP
  3. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely ridiculous and demonstrates your lack of how Rolex watches work. A fake Rolex watch has a second hand that ticks each second. A real Rolex watch second hand is smooth and never stops.

Spoiltdiva, Dec 29, 2022 IP
  4. Starmorph

Starmorph Peon

Best Answers:
    I have the Rolex Explorer I 39mm which is in the Oyster Perpetual family. its roughly $7-11k depending on quality of source. It has only been 1 year and hasn't increased in price. However, 1. I'm happy with how it is holding it's value 2. they aren't making the model/size I have anymore so it will become more rare over the longterm.

Starmorph, Dec 29, 2022 IP
  5. Asterion

Asterion Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, these watches will definitely go up in price. Do you wear them or prefer to keep them new?

Asterion, Jan 30, 2023 IP
  6. Bob13

Bob13 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's a great idea. I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I realize that it's true that watches from a brand like Rolex only get more expensive. It works like the principle of investing in precious metals and stones. It is clear that you will not make money on this, but as a variant of capital preservation, it is interesting. The more so because watches, gold and diamonds are not subject to inflation, like money. After all, if you keep a sack of money at home, in 50 years you won't be able to buy anything useful for it. But gold and diamonds will retain the value of that money, and the watch option will most likely increase the amount of that money. Because the value of it might go up. The chance of course is not great plus you just need to keep the watch and not use it. I think it's generally worth considering. If I had that much money to store somewhere. I would do exactly that.

Bob13, Mar 9, 2023 IP