1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

was i punished by Google??

Discussion in 'SEO' started by waystland, Mar 16, 2005.

Hello,

My site www(dot)photoblockercanada(dot)com
    was 5th whenn i first started in December, then it was 150th then back up to 8th

now i droped 10000 spots. nothing was changed added or moved.
    i have 4 more url that i have been working on wiht the same product all redone. should i concentrate on those instead?
    I know a compatior put my link in google answers 3 times when responding to questions,
    the links were removed.
    whould tht have an affect and if so how can i fix it.

thank A million.

waystland, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  2. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    http://wwwphotoblockercanadacom/ Photoblocker Canada: Don't let them take your cash with the flash. Photoblocker:Beat red light and multanova speed cameras. Proven defense against<br> photo radar fines. Make you license plate invisible to flash cameras.

I just checked whether your site comes up with the API search tool and it does. In the beginning when new sites are added to the google index, they seem to rank high, then drop and then gain position again after a while. Work on your BL's.

crazyhorse, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  3. hanyixin

hanyixin Peon

Best Answers:
    I did a search using "site:www.photoblockercanada.com", it seems that your site is in google still. Maybe it will be put in sandbox, like my site :(

hanyixin, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  4. Agent47

Agent47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You are most likely sandboxed :)

Agent47, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  5. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Who says your site is sandboxed? Check this link Addicting gamges That doesnt mean your site is sandboxed right?

6. justtara

justtara Peon

Best Answers:
    Google has been doing strange things. One of my pages keep going from 3-6 then for a day or so it doesn't show up at all.

justtara, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  7. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    Could it be that there are so many keywords saturating google with good content associated, that they may be rotating the free listings to benefit the searcher?

Maybe it's not all evil. Why should any free listing monopolize the top 10 rank?

It sounds like good business for both google and the searcher.

noppid, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  8. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here although when i check my api tool it shows me a more consitent ranking

9. crazyhorse

crazyhorse Peon

Best Answers:
    Could be yes however i think to realize something like that they will need more servers etc. It is an extra thus consume more capacitypower , costing more money etc. So i dont think they do. And on the other hand i got some other keywords that i rank first on for the last two , three months and i havnt seen any rotation in there. Unless its only for competitive keywords, but then the question would arise what is a competitive keyword? Making it even more harder.

10. bceagle

bceagle Guest

Best Answers:
    All of my websites have drastically lost traffic from Google. I am suspecting it is because the pages at too many keyword phrases installed in banner and text title and alt tags. I am currently taking out most of the these tags, and re-working the actual title, description and keyword meta tags. Hopefully, this will result in a higher placement on Google.
    Thank goodness Yahoo and MSN are getting more of a share of searches, as I have seen an increase in traffic there.
    I should be able to see how well my reoptimizing by deoptimizing works the next time Googgle visit and indexes my site.
    Here are my websites, as they are now.
    http://free-music.8k.com
    http://sheet-music.8k.com
    http://buy-marijuana.8k.com
    cheers
    Dave

bceagle, Mar 16, 2005 IP
  11. waystland

waystland Guest

Best Answers:
    Im working on a re work of photoblocker so it is not like alll the other sites selling the stuff,
    going ot make it more personal then add the sales pitches to it.

Thanks, going to change a few things now to.

waystland, Mar 16, 2005 IP